Check Front Turn Lamp

Koboss

Reaction score
Anyone else have this intermittent
Turn Lamp.jpg
issue with their turn Signals and i wonder if its one of those things that if its not doing it when at dealer then there is no way to know what there is to fix, thanks in advance, it first did it with the boat trailer hooked up last yr and though nothing of it just figured had something to do with a light on the trailer but everything worked, then started this yesterday without the trailer hooked, once shut off problem disappears till when ever it wants to pop up again...

Known issue actually a well-known issue. Part will have to be ordered. My 2024 ZR2 does not do it but my SIL's 2024 ZR2 does. Took about 3 weeks. There is a service bulletin out on it.

Last edited:
What's the TSB for this? Mine started doing this well over a year ago. At first, it was once every 6 months or so, and turning the truck off for 10-15 minutes would make it go away. Then it started to spread (to the other turn signal), and eventually started to happen more often (1-2 times per week).

Took it to the dealer, and it was happening on the way there on both sides. Left it running, and they kept my truck for the day, working with GM via a TAC case. They talked with GM, and eventually came to the conclusion that they needed to replace the lighting control module. Ordered those parts, and a few months later when they had them, took my truck for a day to swap it out.

Next week, was doing it again. They ordered new headlight assemblies. Dropped the bumper, swapped out the headlamps (with integrated turn signals), and the next week it did it again. Right now I'm in limbo - they said they'd have to get my truck back and open another TAC case.

If there's a TSB, please share. :)

Anyone else have this intermittentView attachment 11025 issue with their turn Signals and i wonder if its one of those things that if its not doing it when at dealer then there is no way to know what there is to fix, thanks in advance, it first did it with the boat trailer hooked up last yr and though nothing of it just figured had something to do with a light on the trailer but everything worked, then started this yesterday without the trailer hooked, once shut off problem disappears till when ever it wants to pop up again...
no issue.

Yep, random left turn signal failure.
Brought it in once and no codes
They said to bring it in next time and leave it running

My 2023 ZR2 randomly does this as well but it's always the right front turn signal. Took it to the dealer to fix this (and several other issues) but they couldn't replicate the issue. It goes away after the truck is off for a few minutes but my frequency of it happening is also increasing.

On my 23 it's the left front. I thought it was because I was activating the fogs, it seemed to do it on the next cycle.

Then the disease started happening to the right side. It's so random now I can't even pin point when and I look like a damn foolio explaining it to service.

I too drove straight to service as soon as it happened. They checked it out, confirmed it was malfunctioning set up a time to go back and on my way home it started working again. The truck was on the whole time and not turned off until I got home.

My 2023 ZR2 randomly does this as well but it's always the right front turn signal. Took it to the dealer to fix this (and several other issues) but they couldn't replicate the issue. It goes away after the truck is off for a few minutes but my frequency of it happening is also increasing.
Mine has done it a few times also. Last time brought it to the dealer while acting up so they could see it. They ordered a new RH light. I don't think that is the actual issue as it has only happen 3 or 4 times. Since then my steering has acted up to the point that I cant drive the truck. Been at the dealer 2 weeks tomorrow as there are no parts to repair- they say it is a steering rack issue. I also have intermittent stereo issues, they keep doing updates, hasn't solved the issues. Some days no satellite stations, other days I lose my preprogramed stations. This is my first Chev- drove Rams before. Will be my last unless they solve the issues.

Mine has done it a few times also. Last time brought it to the dealer while acting up so they could see it. They ordered a new RH light. I don't think that is the actual issue as it has only happen 3 or 4 times. Since then my steering has acted up to the point that I cant drive the truck. Been at the dealer 2 weeks tomorrow as there are no parts to repair- they say it is a steering rack issue. I also have intermittent stereo issues, they keep doing updates, hasn't solved the issues. Some days no satellite stations, other days I lose my preprogramed stations. This is my first Chev- drove Rams before. Will be my last unless they solve the issues.
It'll definitely be your last, cause there ain't no guaranteed fix for the janky software they loaded up. It's highly variable, never know what your gonna get.

Anyone else have this intermittentView attachment 11025 issue with their turn Signals and i wonder if its one of those things that if its not doing it when at dealer then there is no way to know what there is to fix, thanks in advance, it first did it with the boat trailer hooked up last yr and though nothing of it just figured had something to do with a light on the trailer but everything worked, then started this yesterday without the trailer hooked, once shut off problem disappears till when ever it wants to pop up again...
My 22 ZR2 does this also. Dealer is clueless. Told me to turn the truck off & wait 30 minutes, lol. Does it about every 3 months now.

I just bought my truck a little over two weeks ago (used 2022 with 17,xxx miles) and it's already happened. Driving on a secondary road in a heavy thunderstorm, turn left signal on and I get the check front left signal and fast flash. Got to my destination and after about 30 minutes it's working again.

Last edited:
Reactions: AXE
Here are the exact circumstances when it happened:
1) heavy rain
2) phone connected to radio via Bluetooth listening to music through Android Auto
3) ran through standing water earlier in the trip on back road

Anyone else see any similarities to when theirs started?

Reactions: AXE
Here are the exact circumstances when it happened:
1) heavy rain
2) phone connected to radio via Bluetooth listening to music through Android Auto
3) ran through standing water earlier in the trip on back road

Anyone else see any similarities to when theirs started?
Nope, road just barely wet and only washed truck once. Still fails randomly
Tried bluetooth and hazard lights and anything else that might create the issue.

I
Nope, road just barely wet and only washed truck once. Still fails randomly
Tried bluetooth and hazard lights and anything else that might create the issue.
Wow! Just luck of the draw if / when it happens.

I might try putting dielectric grease in the headlight harness connector to see if it will help.

Mine did it again today. I didn't do anything, no water or messing with anything else.
Like in the pic above the daytime running light also doesn't turn on.
I brought it to dealer and no codes came up. No TSB on it.
I made am appt to have a tech look at it.
Also it did not turn back on when I shut the truck off and restarted
The truck has to sit for maybe 10 minutes before light works again

Funny, at one point I thought the same - I thought it was every time I washed my truck, it seemed like it would act up that day or the next, however the last time that it did it, it had been sitting in the garage at about 70 degrees for about 2 weeks while we were away. Started it up, and it did it about 2 blocks from the house. Maybe it was feeling neglected and acting out. I don't know what to say. This is after it had gotten 2 new headlights.

Most Member Reactions

Back