Chevy Shake

I don't know if anyone else has experienced it, but when I'm at a full stop and the "auto start/stop" feature hasn't kicked in, I definitely feel the truck "shudder". Intermittently, not constant. Not forcefully either, but enough that I could definitely feel it.

I also had an experience during the winter when this happened to a greater degree until the engine light came on blinking and I had to send it in to service a bad fuel injector. Apparently if your engine light is blinking and not solid, pull over immediately and get your baby towed in as it is deemed unsafe to drive at that point.

My truck currently has 2200 miles on it and was purchased brand new off the lot in September.

Reactions: AXE
That auto start is definitely abrupt. I am sometimes on the gas when it is still ramping up. Can't be good for tranny.

I wish there were more tuning options, but I may get one of the auto stop eliminators.

Last edited:
The only “good” implementation of auto stop/start is with Ram’s E-Torque system.

The electric motor/generator that replaces the alternator physically spins the engine to drive the wheels. Once up to speed, the plugs fire and fuel injects.

It’s the only way the system works effectively in a large v8 application.

It’s very smooth compared to the shuttering mess of basically neutral dropping the truck if you press the gas at a light.

Reactions: AXE
The only “good” implementation of auto stop/start is with Ram’s E-Torque system.

The electric motor/generator that replaces the alternator physically spins the engine to drive the wheels. Once up to speed, the plugs fire and fuel injects.

It’s the only way the system works effectively in a large v8 application.

It’s very smooth compared to the shuttering mess of basically neutral dropping the truck if you press the gas at a light.
The eTorque in my 21 RAM Limited was AWESOME!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back