Chime in with your Base sticker price.

wutang61

Founding Member
Reaction score
We’ve had a few price increases Since i’ve ordered in December. When asking the dealer the situation to the terms of what price I will pay, they tell me whatever the invoice reads. So my question to anyone who has taken delivery:

What was the base sticker price on your truck?

I ordered December 27 with a estimated build date of April 11.

I ordered in January. My MSRP went up $2,550 once built. Dealer honored original price from January.

I ordered in January. My MSRP went up $2,550 once built. Dealer honored original price from January.
Good stuff. My dealer has flat out told me “No price Protection” but they are giving me employee pricing. So just testing the waters of trucks ordered pre March and what the window sticker said.

Good stuff. My dealer has flat out told me “No price Protection” but they are giving me employee pricing. So just testing the waters of trucks ordered pre March and what the window sticker said.
If your order was input as a SRE-Retail Sold Order before the price increase, then it is price protected. If the dealer put it in as TRE-Retail Stock Order, it will not be price protected and the price is what's on the invoice.

For SRE orders, the invoice will show the new higher price but GM will credit the dealer back the amount of the increase when the vehicle is reported sold to the buyer on the order.

Last edited:
If your order was input as a SRE-Retail Sold Order before the price increase, then it is price protected. If the dealer put it in as TRE-Retail Stock Order, it will not be price protected and the price is what's on the invoice.

For SRE orders, the invoice will show the new higher price but GM will credit the dealer back the amount of the increase when the vehicle is reported sold to the buyer on the order.
It's good having someone with knowledge and the inside info to clear things up on the forum.

It was and they have since updated that information to reflect what you have said. Good news for once!

How much should I expect to pay over msrp? I would be happy if I only had to pay 5% extra.

How much should I expect to pay over msrp? I would be happy if I only had to pay 5% extra.
My dealer is a friend of mine. My cost was 3K over sticker. He only had an allocation for 1 unit. Still missing chips for park assist and heated steering wheel and rear wheel well covers.

Shop around to try and find a dealer that will sell at MSRP. I can sell you one at MSRP.

If you want to order one and drive to Texas to pick it up or arrange shipping, I can add you to my list. I only have a couple of names on it right now. I have no timeframe on how long it will take to get it but the sooner you get on a list and get a preliminary order in, the better.

Shop around to try and find a dealer that will sell at MSRP. I can sell you one at MSRP.

If you want to order one and drive to Texas to pick it up or arrange shipping, I can add you to my list. I only have a couple of names on it right now. I have no timeframe on how long it will take to get it but the sooner you get on a list and get a preliminary order in, the better.
I have had mine since the 8th of April. Just saying what I paid. I guess if you only get one you have to make a little extra. Small town dealer.

Thank you for the offer.
I’ve been saving for a truck for a while now but it was just yesterday that I realized how difficult it is going to be to order one. Right now I’m still weighing my options but I would fly to Texas and drive back to the San Francisco area. I will get one one way or another

My dealer is a friend of mine. My cost was 3K over sticker. He only had an allocation for 1 unit. Still missing chips for park assist and heated steering wheel and rear wheel well covers.
That was my first thought is to find a dealer friend. There’s a slight chance my buddys brother is still in the industry idk

Thank you for the offer.
I’ve been saving for a truck for a while now but it was just yesterday that I realized how difficult it is going to be to order one. Right now I’m still weighing my options but I would fly to Texas and drive back to the San Francisco area. I will get one one way or another
I've had plenty of west coast customers do the same thing. Nice road trip home for sure. Just let me know. If you want order, PM me your information and specs and I'll get a preliminary order added. Then we just cross our fingers that it gets picked up soon.

Most Member Reactions

Back