Colorado Software Problems

AXE

Reaction score
Barra finally admitting she had shit software from jump street on these new rigs.

"On Thursday, CEO Mary Barra spoke at the Wolfe Research Global Auto and Auto Tech Conference in New York and said she has some regrets from last year, including fixing glitches with new in-vehicle software. Barra said she regrets not bringing in GM's new software team sooner."

Barra finally admitting she had shit software from jump street on these new rigs.

"On Thursday, CEO Mary Barra spoke at the Wolfe Research Global Auto and Auto Tech Conference in New York and said she has some regrets from last year, including fixing glitches with new in-vehicle software. Barra said she regrets not bringing in GM's new software team sooner."

great find...i have always said FU Barra.

Leadership at various levels is also to blame. They would have seen this coming but no Manager these days has the balls to send shitty devs packing and hire top talent. Software dev has been going on for decades. If you have to implement new processes then you simply don‘t deserve your job if associated with these teams. This is not some accounting software. When it comes down to land, sea and air travel there is no room for error. They‘ll likely hire a few senior devs then RIF them in the next cost cutting and start the whole damn cycle over.

Leadership at various levels is also to blame. They would have seen this coming but no Manager these days has the balls to send shitty devs packing and hire top talent. Software dev has been going on for decades. If you have to implement new processes then you simply don‘t deserve your job if associated with these teams. This is not some accounting software. When it comes down to land, sea and air travel there is no room for error. They‘ll likely hire a few senior devs then RIF them in the next cost cutting and start the whole damn cycle over.
Exactly! 90% of people rely on their vehicles to make aliving and take care of their families. You can't chunk down a bunch of cash and hope you make it to work.

Mary Barra fell hook, line and sinker for EV platform that was a fuckin bust!! wasted time imo. now she is squirming back to fossil fuel.

Yeah, they went from chasing Tesla‘s autonomous feature to EV. Analysts used to estimate how many years they are behind Tesla. They cannot even get an infotainment working flawlessly. Can you imagine their version of autonomy that disengages for 3 seconds while rounding a curve doing 65? I don’t want autonomy or EV from the Big 3. I still like feeling the road through the steering wheel. I’ll trust my decisions over any neural network.

Have you noticed you don't hear ANYTHING about super cruise or blue cruise anymore? For a while it was on all the commercials and was supposed to become available in more vehicles. Seems like that has dropped off the planet.

Ev's are cool for what they are, commuter cars. But the trucks are stupid. Useless as a truck, too expensive and heavy. I'm curious to see how the new dodge does. It actually might be pretty cool. Same principle as diesel electric trains. Obviously will be expensive and heavy, but atleast it might actually be able to be used like a truck.

Have you noticed you don't hear ANYTHING about super cruise or blue cruise anymore? For a while it was on all the commercials and was supposed to become available in more vehicles. Seems like that has dropped off the planet.

Ev's are cool for what they are, commuter cars. But the trucks are stupid. Useless as a truck, too expensive and heavy. I'm curious to see how the new dodge does. It actually might be pretty cool. Same principle as diesel electric trains. Obviously will be expensive and heavy, but atleast it might actually be able to be used like a truck.
they hawk supercruise in Cadillac. $4600 option.

I like the StooperCruise. If i couldve optioned it on the ZR2 i would've. It would make long drives to the trail head alot better.

There are some things that it does that need tweaking but overall it works well.

1000032988.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Back