Condensate Staining Concrete

LDT

Reaction score
Any Ideas

Attachments

• IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 111
What in the world are we looking at? Hard to tell you anything without more detail and what this is :unsure: It actually looks like a picture done by Hunter Biden.....
The title should be self explanatory, condensate from the A/C when i park the truck drips and is leaving the black stains in the photo.

Last edited:
Is this the runoff from the evaporator? Only part I tie into condensation staining and the overall topic of this forum.

Based on that assumption, I can say if it is the water runoff from the AC system, it is probably running down the wax coated frame leaving the oil stains on the driveway. It will stop in time or I recommend sealing the driveway. Best I can muster.

The title should be self explanatory, condensate from the A/C when i park the truck drips and is leaving the black stains in the photo.
Well excuse me, but it wasn't since you were so vague in your post with just a pic of not sure what. Maybe a bit more back-story next time instead of a picture with two words.....enjoy your truck and I hope you get your condensate cleaned off your concrete.

Any Ideas
Looking at your picture, I'd have to guess that there is some fine black dust on your concrete. That black dust, when wet is most likely causing the staining. I just had a new slab poured for my carport. The AC condensation has yet to stain my new concrete. Do you live in an area where sugarcane fields, or grass lands are being burned. When they burn sugarcane fields here in South Texas the ash travels for miles.

Reactions: AXE
Is this the runoff from the evaporator? Only part I tie into condensation staining and the overall topic of this forum.

Based on that assumption, I can say if it is the water runoff from the AC system, it is probably running down the wax coated frame leaving the oil stains on the driveway. It will stop in time or I recommend sealing the driveway. Best I can muster.

Looking at your picture, I'd have to guess that there is some fine black dust on your concrete. That black dust, when wet is most likely causing the staining. I just had a new slab poured for my carport. The AC condensation has yet to stain my new concrete. Do you live in an area where sugarcane fields, or grass lands are being burned. When they burn sugarcane fields here in South Texas the ash travels for miles.
I do live in south La. But my ZR2 is the only one causing the stain. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same the same issue.

I go the same thing happening to mine but I've only had it for 6 weeks. Figured it was some fresh coating dripping off.

I have the same thing on mine, I believe it is condensation from the exhaust on startup. I have not used the ac on mine yet, but it drips in the same exact spot in my garage.

What happens if you put some oxi clean and spray it on the driveway... should go away?

Reactions: AXE
Mine leaks like hell and I think some of it is water vapor post cat. I've run my air a couple times but that leaks further ahead towards firewall. That seemed fairly normal.

I've also seen a lot more water coming out the exhaust. My mileage is shit running 91 at $4.25 gallon. Pretty sure they are running a higher % water in the fuel.

I don't get any of that bullshit with my Duramax. Might have to trailer the ZR2 with my Duramax to break 15 mpg.

Most Member Reactions

Back