Considering Colorado ZR2, 4Runner, Wrangler etc.

Chiburbian

Reaction score
Good morning.

I joined the forum this morning primarily to learn about the Colorado ZR2 as it's actually used aside from just reading spec sheets. I originally wanted a Jeep or 4Runner, but my parents (who are retired and living with me) need a vehicle that can tow a small (4,500lb'ish) trailer comfortably when they go on their vacations. Also, we have no trucks in my household, so that would helpful. In terms of parents, biggest issue will be the height of the truck. I will probably have to install removable steps for them.

For commuting we will continue to use one of our (good MPG) cars. For travel (overlanding/camping/4wheeling), pulling trailers, and moving small amounts of building supplies and landscape materials, we would use the truck.

Forgive me for knowing close to nothing. I'm just trying to learn.

Last edited:
Welcome from Washington State!
Are you asking about the Colorado ZR2 or the Silverado ZR2?
I own a '17 Colorado Z71 and a '22 Silverado ZR2. I use the Colorado for truck stuff, the big one is a toy..
The steps on the big one make it easy to get in and out, the Colorado is this weird height that for me anyway is kinda hard to get in and out. I use the steps ( on both ) and the Colorado you fall into it, and kinda slide out ...

Welcome from Washington State!
Are you asking about the Colorado ZR2 or the Silverado ZR2?
I own a '17 Colorado Z71 and a '22 Silverado ZR2. I use the Colorado for truck stuff, the big one is a toy..
The steps on the big one make it easy to get in and out, the Colorado is this weird height that for me anyway is kinda hard to get in and out. I use the steps ( on both ) and the Colorado you fall into it, and kinda slide out ...
Colorado. Sorry.

The Colorado is a very capable rig.

The Colorado owners don't show up much around these parts. There is another forum fully dedicated to the Colorado and might be a better source of information.

Good morning.

I joined the forum this morning primarily to learn about the Colorado ZR2 as it's actually used aside from just reading spec sheets. I originally wanted a Jeep or 4Runner, but my parents (who are retired and living with me) need a vehicle that can tow a small (4,500lb'ish) trailer comfortably when they go on their vacations. Also, we have no trucks in my household, so that would helpful. In terms of parents, biggest issue will be the height of the truck. I will probably have to install removable steps for them.

For commuting we will continue to use one of our (good MPG) cars. For travel (overlanding/camping/4wheeling), pulling trailers, and moving small amounts of building supplies and landscape materials, we would use the truck.

Forgive me for knowing close to nothing. I'm just trying to learn.
You have come to the real forum.
I think Silverado will trump all. Go for it.👍👍👍

Most Member Reactions

Back