Couldn't get a ZR2, High Country it is!

worldclass

Reaction score
Been wanting a ZR2 HD since they came out 2024!!! My dealer never got an allocation. I work for them and got employee pricing on this High Country! Got it today!!
Accessories will be going in tomorrow night.

Attachments

• IMG_2811.jpeg
    IMG_2811.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2795.jpeg
    IMG_2795.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2797.jpeg
    IMG_2797.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2822.jpeg
    IMG_2822.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2825.jpeg
    IMG_2825.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 77
Been wanting a ZR2 HD since they came out 2024!!! My dealer never got an allocation. I work for them and got employee pricing on this High Country! Got it today!!
I've seen some HC trucks with small lifts and bigger tires. They look great. I really like the front clip on the High Country. Very refined, yet still tough.

You get Magentic Ride Shocks or Bilstein on the HC.

I've seen some HC trucks with small lifts and bigger tires. They look great. I really like the front clip on the High Country. Very refined, yet still tough.

Admittedly I’ve considered this route with the HC midnight edition. Curious what mild lift and shocks would even compare to the DSSV stock setup on the HD zr2 (would in theory allow a 3500 SRW setup)

Last edited:
Thank you all! This place is great, did a lot of research on here.
I’ll be looking at a 2” lift and some tires. Came with the new K03 BFG 34” (275/65R20)
Been reading this tire is only out on certain GM HD and Ford Ranger raptor right now. Is a damn nice tread and design.

Attachments

• IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2799.jpeg
    IMG_2799.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 30
Best part, and don’t hate, Ol’ General Motors is paying the bill!
I recently obtained world class technician status. Anyone working as a tech for GM can get up to $12,000 per year (world class) now paid by GM as an incentive to stay in the dealership as a tech, and…. They give you 2500 points ($2500) to spend in parts.
Got $13k off sticker price for the employee price. Pretty happy right now Lol!

Definitely an incentive to work for the General!

Admittedly I’ve considered this route with the HC midnight edition. Curious what mild lift and shocks would even compare to the DSSV stock setup on the HD zr2 (would in theory allow a 3500 SRW setup)
The only lift I've had that I thought rode really good was Cognito and Fox shocks. You can get several performance levels for shocks with Cognito lifts. The most expensive Elkas or Fox shocks would have a lot of adjustability to disk in ride for your needs. That being said, it'll be +6k and then install.

These guys can answer your questions and tell you what works.

Might be better just to run a level kit and Bilstein 5100s on 35s. It would still look good and ride pretty well and cost very little.

I'm sure King lifts would be good too. I think s few guys did them on their 15000 ZR2s.

Last edited:
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your new model to best. It still has rear lockers. 👍

You can order ZR2 Decal package and make it High Country - ZR2😁

It’s got the Z71 package which includes Rs5000 Rancho basic shocks, thinking Bilstien 5100

It’s got the Z71 package which includes Rs5000 Rancho basic shocks, thinking Bilstien 5100
It's surprising how much of a difference that Bilstein 5100s make for very little cash.

I don't think Ranchos are that special. I did like their XLs that had the adjustable compression knob but that was a long time ago.

The only lift I've had that I thought rode really good was Cognito and Fox shocks. You can get several performance levels for shocks with Cognito lifts. The most expensive Elkas or Fox shocks would have a lot of adjustability to disk in ride for your needs. That being said, it'll be +6k and then install.

These guys can answer your questions and tell you what works.

Might be better just to run a level kit and Bilstein 5100s on 35s. It would still look good and ride pretty well and cost very little.

I'm sure King lifts would be good too. I think s few guys did them on their 15000 ZR2s.
I believe MM DSSV ZR2 suspension may fit on High Country too.

Stayed late to get 3/4 of my accessories on

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2841.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2839.jpeg
    IMG_2839.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 40
The receiver hitch cover blocks out the use of the inner tailgate if hitch is in, that works slick.
Radio is sweet sounding for what it is!
The puddle lights are dope, happy so far.
More to put on tomorrow
The big question is your passenger side rear bumper square with the quarter panel.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back