Crash Symbol Lit in DIC

AXE

Reaction score
I checked my ZR2 into valet at a hotel in Las Vegas. When I left and got on the freeway, I noticed the cruise control would not engage. It said it was not avaliable. Also the lane manager button was also turned off and would not engage. I noticed the accident/ crash symbol was lit in upper left of DIC.

Any idea what might have triggered the warning light in DIC?

I had already walked around the truck and it looked clean. I pulled over after a couple miles to see if there was damage and it looked clean.

At first I thought the valet was playing bumper cars, but don't see any obvious damage. I'll look again in the morning sun to be sure.

I had the same thing happen when I took a short trip while the system was trying to update. I simply went in to the dealer and they installed the update and problem solved. I had tried the fuse trick but for me it didn't work.

I also have issues when it's ice cold out as there can be a thin layer that builds up on the part of the windshield where the sensor is and it take a bit of driving for it to melt off.

I have found this to happen too. The camera is seeing a "blockage" of its field of view. Mine only does it when there is condensation on the glass in the early morning. It goes away once I start driving for 5 minutes. All vehicles with cameras react the same way. My Subaru's do this as well.

Reactions: AXE
I checked my ZR2 into valet at a hotel in Las Vegas. When I left and got on the freeway, I noticed the cruise control would not engage. It said it was not avaliable. Also the lane manager button was also turned off and would not engage. I noticed the accident/ crash symbol was lit in upper left of DIC.

I had already walked around the truck and it looked clean. I pulled over after a couple miles to see if there was damage and it looked clean.

At first I thought the valet was playing bumper cars, but don't see any obvious damage. I'll look again in the morning sun to be sure.

My Crash Symbol is on as well and cant get it to go out

All back to normal this morning. I tried shutting down twice last night and it just showed up again.

No condensation here and everything else seemed to work. I'm pretty sure it came on when that guy cut in front of me. We weren't really that close, but I guess the sensors thought differently.

Just disconnect the battery for a couple minutes and it will reset. Happened to me twice.

my dealer turned mine off, in the settings if you dont have braking and lights set to on for the warning for objects in front of you then the crash symbol will come on the dash, they said they have been asked this alot

Mine did this yesterday on the way home from work. I live in the desert so no condensation. When I got home I shut it off and did a restart with no change. I looked at the camera in the grill and cleaned off some dead bug residue. This morning it was back to green.

Mine did this yesterday on the way home from work. I live in the desert so no condensation. When I got home I shut it off and did a restart with no change. I looked at the camera in the grill and cleaned off some dead bug residue. This morning it was back to green.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the camera in the grill. It is only based on the camera at the top of the windshield.

The one downfall of the ADAS system in the ZR2 is it is a camera only system.

The HC uses radar enhanced pre collision and ACC. The functionality is much more refined and liner in operation.

To be quite honest, and I love my truck. But, It is the absolute worst ADAS implementation I’ve ever experienced outside of the surround view system.

Plan to take the truck to the dealer late this year for what will undoubtedly a better performing update as “Chevy safety assist” matures.

Then will Probably will then perform my own dynamic calibration with an Autel unit at work.

The one downfall of the ADAS system in the ZR2 is it is a camera only system.

The HC uses radar enhanced pre collision and ACC. The functionality is much more refined and liner in operation.

To be quite honest, and I love my truck. But, It is the absolute worst ADAS implementation I’ve ever experienced outside of the surround view system.

Plan to take the truck to the dealer late this year for what will undoubtedly a better performing update as “Chevy safety assist” matures.

Then will Probably will then perform my own dynamic calibration with an Autel unit at work.
Sounds like you know these systems pretty well. Honestly, I like the main creature comforts, but this truck has too much tech for me. I have a lot of this stuff turned off. I like the rear camera, cross traffic detection and the front camera. The rest of it I can live without. I enjoy reading your post though.

The crash symbol has been a sore spot with me on my dash too. It activated back in January of this year about 2 weeks after purchase, It happened on a stretch of road w/o anyone in front of me, then came the phantom brake application. Not wanting to burn up a set of brakes or cause an accident I turned it off completely and scheduled a trip to the dealership, have pulled the #11 fuse, even had the truck go dead sittin in the garage...Service Dept says light is supposed to stay on if system is defeated. So explain how the light cleared itself on one of my trips in March, left the truck sit for 2 days while riding in the mountains to come back as soon as it was fired up to leave...all with the ststem being defeated in the control menu? So when it went to the dealership for the chassis module issue( see doornail dead ZR2) The service advisors thought I was talking about the distance gap indicator....so I walked both of them to the truck and pointed it out, then they both got the dim lightbulb moment and said...huh....🙄 so here is the determination of that issue so far. System is still off and going to stay that way until theres a windshield camera replacememt,update or both.🤬

Attachments

• 20230429_133509.jpg
    20230429_133509.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 30
The crash symbol has been a sore spot with me on my dash too. It activated back in January of this year about 2 weeks after purchase, It happened on a stretch of road w/o anyone in front of me, then came the phantom brake application. Not wanting to burn up a set of brakes or cause an accident I turned it off completely and scheduled a trip to the dealership, have pulled the #11 fuse, even had the truck go dead sittin in the garage...Service Dept says light is supposed to stay on if system is defeated. So explain how the light cleared itself on one of my trips in March, left the truck sit for 2 days while riding in the mountains to come back as soon as it was fired up to leave...all with the ststem being defeated in the control menu? So when it went to the dealership for the chassis module issue( see doornail dead ZR2) The service advisors thought I was talking about the distance gap indicator....so I walked both of them to the truck and pointed it out, then they both got the dim lightbulb moment and said...huh....🙄 so here is the determination of that issue so far. System is still off and going to stay that way until theres a windshield camera replacememt,update or both.🤬
I seriously doubt it is a camera issue so don't count on a camera replacement. Most likely a software issue that needs to be addressed.

I had this issue pop up and the dealer was able to reset the software. However, since the last OTA update, my lane keep assist is not even trying to function but there is nothing that shows something is amiss. The lines are gone from the icon and it does not even try to fight if i let it drift. I’ve gone through the menu and everything is turned on. So ?. The outside door buttons will also not unlock the vehicle anymore. The fob is the only way.

I had this issue pop up and the dealer was able to reset the software. However, since the last OTA update, my lane keep assist is not even trying to function but there is nothing that shows something is amiss. The lines are gone from the icon and it does not even try to fight if i let it drift. I’ve gone through the menu and everything is turned on. So ?. The outside door buttons will also not unlock the vehicle anymore. The fob is the only way.
thats no good.

Update: waiting on my dealer to call me back for an appt currently. I noticed something last night. The auto high beams still function correctly so the camera is still working. I’m guessing now that my problem is purely software related with the lane assist. Had OnStar run a test this morning and it came back with no codes. So I’m about 99% sure it was just a bad OTA update.

Update: waiting on my dealer to call me back for an appt currently. I noticed something last night. The auto high beams still function correctly so the camera is still working. I’m guessing now that my problem is purely software related with the lane assist. Had OnStar run a test this morning and it came back with no codes. So I’m about 99% sure it was just a bad OTA update.
Had another update today. Unfortunately, it worked about as well as a callback from the dealer. 🤦‍♂️

Most Member Reactions

Back