Cybertruck in the Hood

AXE

Reaction score
My neighbor got a black Cybertruck. Kinda of cool looking. Must be another one around too, cause I've seen it cruising a few times.

Attachments

• 20240330_173603.jpg
    20240330_173603.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 140
My neighbor got a black Cybertruck. Kinda of cool looking. Must be another one around too, cause I've seen it cruising a few times.
My brother is a engineer in the automotive world now. He used to do aero space and aeronautical engineering as his main background.
They recently did a peer review on a cyber truck they acquired for a quality study. They scored it very low with many many flaws and production QC issues that will surely generate lawsuits.
Just the word on the street.

My brother is a engineer in the automotive world now. He used to do aero space and aeronautical engineering as his main background.
They recently did a peer review on a cyber truck they acquired for a quality study. They scored it very low with many many flaws and production QC issues that will surely generate lawsuits.
Just the word on the street.
I've seen plenty of videos and I think it is far from an engineering marvel. I do hope Tesla continues to succeed because they are an American company with American workers. Would like to see them at the top of the heap and not the Europeans or Chinese. China will own 70% of the market with cheap EVs and people will buy them from Ali Baba.

I'm actually a fan of Tesla. Hell, we have starlink internet and a Model 3. But not impressed with the cyber truck. Didn't really live up to the hype on anything. I just don't like most of it. No door handles, pointless rearview mirror, huge blind spots. Not to mention the rear end is just ugly. I have no idea why tesla didn't do a camera rear view like our trucks have. It also really needed a larger battery. 250-300 miles is fine for cars. A truck needs more. I actually think the silverado EV might actually be usable as a truck.

That said I hope they sell a bunch of them to people who want them. I also would like to see Tesla stay rolling strong.

I'm actually a fan of Tesla. Hell, we have starlink internet and a Model 3. But not impressed with the cyber truck. Didn't really live up to the hype on anything. I just don't like most of it. No door handles, pointless rearview mirror, huge blind spots. Not to mention the rear end is just ugly. I have no idea why tesla didn't do a camera rear view like our trucks have. It also really needed a larger battery. 250-300 miles is fine for cars. A truck needs more. I actually think the silverado EV might actually be usable as a truck.

That said I hope they sell a bunch of them to people who want them. I also would like to see Tesla stay rolling strong.
We also have a Model 3 and love it for daily commuting. Not a single issue with it in 3 years.

You couldn’t pay me to own one of those goofy things, nor any EV trucks for that matter. Plus, the build quality on the CT is trash, as it is for most Teslas.

Last edited:
"PROTECTS AGAINST SCRATCHES"
Wasn't it supposed to be bullet proof? 😂😂😂
It actually is to a point. They shot it a bunch with 9mm and it stopped them all. I'm kind of impressed with the strength of the body panels. I don't remember the title. But I watched a youtube video of a couple of guys who had a loaner one that they took on a road trip. They were literally kicking the side of the truck constantly joking about it. They both stood on the bed cover. I mean they also pointed out the front panels are a bit pointy and would probably kill a pedestrian. They were able to cut 4 or 5 carrots by letting the frunk close on them. It was a pretty good honest video. They pointed out the good, But they also pointed out all the bad too. Watching them kick the doors closed with out leaving a mark was pretty cool though. I've seen guys dent their trucks just by leaning against them, lol.

Really strong SS body with a wrap sounds good to me. Maybe not so much the cyber truck. But EPA has made sure paint sucks now and it seems like body panels are paper thin on most vehicles now.

Tesla had black wrapped ones in the parking lot at launch. I don't know if they sell them like that, but they diffenitly had some on display that were wrapped.

Most Member Reactions

Back