DFM delete

giveymore

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 2022 ZR2 and hate the DFM system. I bought the 6.2 to have the power of 8 cylinders running all the time. I didn’t get the 6.2 to save on gas. I checked in on the Pulsar LT system but they responded that they did to have a solution for the refreshed 2022 and up with the 10 speed transmission. I am currently running in L9 all the time. Anyone have a solution?

Honestly, I doubt that Edge products is going to put the effort needed into cracking this Global 2 code. It's been a long time now and I see a trend toward selling more turbo 4 cylinder & diesel models. Add to the fact that the truck still has those weird lifters in the engine. With all the diesel technology they are working on, I think the 6.2 liter is small beans. I hope that I am wrong.

Hey, I have a 2022 ZR2 and hate the DFM system. I bought the 6.2 to have the power of 8 cylinders running all the time. I didn’t get the 6.2 to save on gas. I checked in on the Pulsar LT system but they responded that they did to have a solution for the refreshed 2022 and up with the 10 speed transmission. I am currently running in L9 all the time. Anyone have a solution?
Same conclusions here was looking into the pulsar but being that 5 or higher (refreshed), means I’d be throwing money away. What are they referring to as “refreshed” out of curiosity

Is that any different than just turning it off every time you start the truck?
You may be thinking of the auto start stop. That can easily be done away with by installing a module. There 's several threads on here about it. The L9 / tow haul mode is to keep the cylinder de - activation from kicking in. Two different systems.

Check out "DONSLIFE" YouTube channel and search for videos on the DFM system. He goes over it in detail. He has an AT4x with the 6.2. ( same engine.) He did a bit of research to put together the videos and has some good information. It seems the DFM randomly alternates the cylinders and the computer does a good job at it. He also points out that The DFM is not the big issue, but the lifters and if you have bad lifters... you have bad lifters... From what I understand they are phasing out the DFM on 23 models and up

Reactions: AXE
Check out "DONSLIFE" YouTube channel and search for videos on the DFM system. He goes over it in detail. He has an AT4x with the 6.2. ( same engine.) He did a bit of research to put together the videos and has some good information. It seems the DFM randomly alternates the cylinders and the computer does a good job at it. He also points out that The DFM is not the big issue, but the lifters and if you have bad lifters... you have bad lifters... From what I understand they are phasing out the DFM on 23 models and up
I hope they do! I think they are also trying to sell more small diesels and turb four cylinders, to improve their CAFE points numbers.

Reactions: AXE
At least we got a real engine! Soon they are forcing electric on everyone.
Did you hear about the por sap that bought a Ford lightning and and started out on a cross-country trip and ended up getting a rental to finish his family vacation. I kind of feel bad for him but he's the knucklehead that bought the electric truck to start with.

Hey guys,
remember the Corvette and Camaro have this same 6.2 engine and DFM, so Edge might not be out. The micro-chip shortage has the 5.3 engine with all the components but no DFM modulation/ activation since the 2022 refresh. The 6.2 has not had that shortfall from what I was told and they all still have it.

Most Member Reactions

Back