Door sticker vs Dealer PSI

The Incredible Smurf

Reaction score
What's everyone's experience with this? The door sticker says 37 PSI, but when I've left the dealer initially and after first service, all of my tires are pumped up to 43-44 PSI. I'm confused.

What's everyone's experience with this? The door sticker says 37 PSI, but when I've left the dealer initially and after first service, all of my tires are pumped up to 43-44 PSI. I'm confused.
Dealers are notorious for overfilling the oil and over inflating tires. Kick them all down to 37 and call it a day.

I'm running 10 ply Toyo Open Country RT Trail 295/75/R18 tires that have 80 psi max. I run them at 35 psi cold and they get up to 37 to 38 psi running for a while. They ride great, but stiffer than stock. I'd run them at 60 psi if I was towing long distances and higher speeds.

I ran the stock tires at 35 to 37 psi and thought they rode great, got decent mileage, and stayed low temps. If you ain't towing more than 5k, that psi would be fine. I might run max psi if I'm towing max.

I just did 1660 miles on my 2500 HD Duramax towing 12.5k ran 75 psi cold 82 psi hot in my truck and toyhauler tires. They did great. You'd be surprised how warm they were at 75 mph.

Excessive heat kills tires, low psi can cause excessive heat.

Last edited:
I find Milton guages to be pretty accurate, it Rhino and Mac on Amazon pretty good +/- 1 to 2 psi compared to tpms days.

Thanks for the tip. I've got a cheaper one now for my compressor. It does alright. +-1 generally vs TPMS. I'll look at those when I need a replacement. Though accurate so far for the $$, I can tell mine isn't built for durability or reliability.

I find Milton guages to be pretty accurate, it Rhino and Mac on Amazon pretty good +/- 1 to 2 psi compared to tpms days.

No one needs a $135 pressure gauge IMO. Have a JACO gauge and it's been awesome. had it now for about 3 years. Their warranty is excellent too!

No one needs a $135 pressure gauge IMO. Have a JACO gauge and it's been awesome. had it now for about 3 years. Their warranty is excellent too!

Yeah, nobody needs a $75k truck but we all got em.

Some of that Chinese shit works fine......... I've got about 10 guages and they all work pretty well.

I can use a $5 pen style and get mine just fine. Hell once you know the TPMS system is working accurately, you don't need anything.

Mine came from the dealer with 32. They're way quieter at 32 for what it's worth (not saying they're loud now!). I assume that's why the dealer did that... I run at 37 cold now, then after I'm on the highway for a bit they're at 39.

My TPMS and my Amazon Chinesium gauge are within .5 of each other, and that's close enough the pen gauge is right in the middle.

Some of that Chinese shit works fine......... I've got about 10 guages and they all work pretty well.

I can use a $5 pen style and get mine just fine. Hell once you know the TPMS system is working accurately, you don't need anything.
well said.

I don't disagree. However, today, it's hard to buy any nice truck for less than $65K. The JACO is not Chinese crap though. I have several nice gauges too and never paid mort than about $50 for one. They are all extremely accurate and durable.

I don't disagree. However, today, it's hard to buy any nice truck for less than $65K. The JACO is not Chinese crap though. I have several nice gauges too and never paid mort than about $50 for one. They are all extremely accurate and durable.
I've got two JACOs, they are the same as the AccuGuage and Rhino brand, as well as other Amazon crapola. "designed in America, manufactured in Chinaisa".....LMFAO.

My high dollar shit is in my tool chest at the ready. My Chinaisa shit it in my gear bags and bouncing around in my rigs. I'm guessing I've got a pen style and some other analog dial guage in everything I run.

I test everthing against my Milton, then write +/- X psi with a sharpie on the guage and use it accordingly.

I never use a cheap guage on my motorcycle, because they are much more sensitive to pressure when your getting after it.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back