Exhaust mods for 6.6L

Kel

Reaction score
Has anyone done an exhaust mod on the 6.6L. I’ve been looking at looks like there are several options out there including full headers.

Has anyone done an exhaust mod on the 6.6L. I’ve been looking at looks like there are several options out there including full headers.
There have been a TON of muffler replacements; cat-back installs and muffler deletes posted on this forum. I just ordered the new Corsa cat-back for mine. Corsa is an amazing exhaust with patented technology. This will be my 4th one over the years.

You can get it for as little as $1600 shipped with the awesome looking dual black exhaust tips or you can save about $250-$300 and get it with the turn down pipes.

Best sound it muffler delete pipe for $100, but its a biy agressive. If you want to part with $600 to $2000, there's a lot of options.

Lot's of people on this site put on loud shit, then couldn't figure out why it was loud after spending $1500+.

If you don't like loud but sound good mufflers, the Borla touring muffler and the Magnaflow are probably your best options under $600. Both easy installs.

I've posted a thread with video sound clips of my Magnaflow. If you listen with quality headphones it gives you a realistic idea of sound quality.

Best sound it muffler delete pipe for $100, but its a biy agressive. If you want to part with $600 to $2000, there's a lot of options.

Lot's of people on this site put on loud shit, then couldn't figure out why it was loud after spending $1500+.

If you don't like loud but sound good mufflers, the Borla touring muffler and the Magnaflow are probably your best options under $600. Both easy installs.

I've posted a thread with video sound clips of my Magnaflow. If you listen with quality headphones it gives you a realistic idea of sound quality.
What's the link to the Magnaflow AXE? No drone with that option?

I don't have any drone, but you do hear it because their is simply less muffler. I did 3000 miles on highway and never thought twice about it.

The only wierd thing I've noticed is a gurgle noise when the cylinders kick on and off.

Not sure this does much for you based on the Borla can you have installed. I seet its $125 more now too.

If you want racy and better looks at the tips, Corsa would be better.

Are these that are referenced with the 6.6L?

I was looking at the Borla S as not too load but nice throaty rumble.

my Corsa gripe was mainly the tone. A muffler with zero packing and firing at the concrete made a frequency that I couldn’t sell to the most die hard car people.

We have tons of loud toys in the family. 2 Mustangs and 2 Camaros. The sound was just all wrong. I added a resonator to mine not because of volume but to kill the rasp. It was outrageous. IMG_2346.jpeg

my Corsa gripe was mainly the tone. A muffler with zero packing and firing at the concrete made a frequency that I couldn’t sell to the most die hard car people.

We have tons of loud toys in the family. 2 Mustangs and 2 Camaros. The sound was just all wrong. I added a resonator to mine not because of volume but to kill the rasp. It was outrageous.View attachment 9002
With having the exhaust tips firing straight out and not towards the pavement, I wonder what difference that will make? I spoke to an engineer at Corsa on Friday. He stated that if I experienced a similar issue, as you are stating above, he would work with me on getting a resonator, but didn't feel this would be an issue with the rear firing exhaust. I guess we'll see:unsure:

Reactions: AXE

We have tons of loud toys in the family. 2 Mustangs and 2 Camaros. The sound was just all wrong. I added a resonator to mine not because of volume but to kill the rasp. It was outrageous.View attachment 9002
It would have been interesting if Corsa kept the factory resonators and just did a mid pipe replacement of the can.

The Magnaflow comes with its own resonator, but also retains the stock resonators. I wasn't sure what that was all about, but it seems to work.

borla "S" type is loud stepping up from factory anemic exhaust. startup is like an M80 before valve closes.
I will tell you that the frankenf**k catback I’ve created is right between an S type and a Touring system. “Much better” was the all around consensus.

Could it be louder? Absolutely. But the obnoxious 120db startup is gone and the tone is back.

I will tell you that the frankenf**k catback I’ve created is right between an S type and a Touring system. “Much better” was the all around consensus.

Could it be louder? Absolutely. But the obnoxious 120db startup is gone and the tone is back.
Was talking to my Service Advisor and he had a Flowmaster on his and didn't like the drone. His exhaust shop welded in two of those u shaped resonators like on my Magnaflow and he said it sounded good and no drone. Thought that was interesting.

Reactions: Kel
I had a local muffler shop put a Magnaflow muffler on my 6.6 Gas. Cost was 200 bucks and sounds pretty dang good.

Pretty sure It's the same muffler that comes in the Magnaflow Street series system 19524. The full bolt on system is around 1200 bucks. Cheaper just to get a shop to weld a muffler in. I couldn't really find much information online about what to go with. The shop I went to had Borla, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, ect. I just asked the owner what he recommended for the 6.6 gas. Told him, I wasn't looking for real loud. Just wanted it to sound good and not drone. He instantly said Magnaflow. The chick in the back who was tinting my windows at the time also yelled Magnaflow, lol.

He also said Flow master would drone on a 6.6.

I had a local muffler shop put a Magnaflow muffler on my 6.6 Gas. Cost was 200 bucks and sounds pretty dang good.

Pretty sure It's the same muffler that comes in the Magnaflow Street series system 19524. The full bolt on system is around 1200 bucks. Cheaper just to get a shop to weld a muffler in. I couldn't really find much information online about what to go with. The shop I went to had Borla, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, ect. I just asked the owner what he recommended for the 6.6 gas. Told him, I wasn't looking for real loud. Just wanted it to sound good and not drone. He instantly said Magnaflow. The chick in the back who was tinting my windows at the time also yelled Magnaflow, lol.

He also said Flow master would drone on a 6.6.

Thanks. Good info.

I found some videos on YouTube from Flowmaster for the gas 6.6L. I’ll link in this thread. Can‘t always tell the real sound from listening to it on line versus live but it’s something I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

Headed to church but I’ll post more as I find them (Magnaflow, Borla, Etc.

Reactions: AXE
I can post a clip of what mine sounds like if you want. When I said I couldn't find much online. I meant other than promotional stuff from the companies. When I got my 1500. There were tons of posts online from owners with 6.2s with different exhausts. Was pretty easy to figure out a few good options just going off all the comments.

With the 6.6 not so much. Way less out there and people just don't seem to be modding them as much. I'm sure with the 6.6 getting the 10 speed Allison, that will probably change some. Now it's actually a good option vs before it was really just a budget choice. Plus the 6.2 has just been around much longer than the 6.6 gas. The 6.6 just came out in 2020 and only had the old 6 speed until 24.

Most Member Reactions

Back