Front left UCA knocking/clicking

Ezmny4

Reaction score
Seems like I may have read this somewhere but doing a search on the thread I couldn't find anything. When I turn the truck to full lock to the left (especially when reversing), I get a decent click/knock from what sounds like the UCA ball joint area. I am stock so nothing has been done to it. It doesn't happen all the time and the ride is fine. Just wondering if anyone has this issue or may know if I need to be concerned. Never happens on the right side. Will sometimes do it to when I go over a bump.

Seems like I may have read this somewhere but doing a search on the thread I couldn't find anything. When I turn the truck to full lock to the left (especially when reversing), I get a decent click/knock from what sounds like the UCA ball joint area. I am stock so nothing has been done to it. It doesn't happen all the time and the ride is fine. Just wondering if anyone has this issue or may know if I need to be concerned. Never happens on the right side. Will sometimes do it to when I go over a bump.
Make an appointment with the dealer...

Check and make sure the nut is tight. I’ve ran into that issue before with a truck we fixed.

Came back for a noise and suspension we didn’t touch was loose.

All I can say is my TB did that before the UCA broke. The original dealer had installed a leveling kit and didn’t tell my dealer about it when they came and picked it up. Only found it after the fact when trying to research just where the heck it came from.

Update on this.....it is the Ishaft boot linked to the steering column. They have ordered the part and will replace next week. Guess that's why the clicking was coming from the left front wheel well.

Interesting problem. Is this in the engine compartment?
Just behind the firewall of the left front wheel well. On the engine compartment side. Took about an hour and a half to do but unfortunately I still get the knocking. Not near as bad but it is still there. Have to take it back when I get time to have look at it further.

Most Member Reactions

Back