Front Sensors on the 2024 ZR2 Bison

ZR2BIZON

Reaction score
Was at the dealer dropping my truck off for an oil change and noticed the 2024 ZR2 Bison has front sensors on the bumper. Didn't confirm if the Non Bison Z had them for the 2024 MY

1000035052.jpg

Reactions: AXE
Sounds like you got bamboozled my amigo @HighTechPauper
For a $8,500.00 savings I will forego the front sensors and park like I have for 47 years, plus I'm a real truck driver so I back in everywhere and I have rear sensors, but even when i (rarely) pull in to park the cameras work fine for me.
IMHO/YMMV ;)

Me on the other hand, am a pretend driver. If AEV offered boron steel curb feelers that box would've been checked too
I think your Bison did come with curb feelers for you, I don't think they are boron though, I think they are round, have an AEV center cap on them, or possibly could say Salton if you were to get a 2500, they give off a grinding noise when you get close enough ;)

I just looked at a 1500 2024 ZR2 Bison and it does have front sensors on it. Maybe a mid-year addition :unsure:
If you did mean to say Bison, then that is the only model ZR2 I see that comes with, and it is standard with front and rear park assist, I just went through the whole "Build & Price" tool again looking but I cannot find any option for front park assist on a NON Bison model ZR2.

Taking her in for an OC on Monday morning. They have a 2024 ZR2 Bison loaded they are selling for $73,500 (about $11K off MSRP) with the 6.2L in her I'm gonna look at. Really want to wait for the 2025 trucks and determine if I should go with a 2500HD knowing it's way overkill for me and will be harder to drive and park just running around town. Also have several 3.0 babymax ZR2's as well. A total of 23 ZR2's on the lot right now. Let's make deal time for folks that want one!

Last edited:
I just looked at a 1500 2024 ZR2 Bison and it does have front sensors on it. Maybe a mid-year addition :unsure:
The little trucks may have them but the big ones do not. (only speak for Chevy, GMC may have them as they put more upgrades on that line):mad: Wish they did.

Taking her in for an OC on Monday morning. They have a 2024 ZR2 Bison loaded they are selling for $73,500 (about $11K off MSRP) with the 6.2L in her I'm gonna look at. Really want to wait for the 2025 trucks and determine if I should go with a 2500HD knowing it's way overkill for me and will be harder to drive and park just running around town. Also have several 3.0 babymax ZR2's as well. A total of 23 ZR2's on the lot right now. Let's make deal time for folks that want one!
The 25 1500s are likely to have the refresh that the Tahoes have. The 2500s won't get that until 26. I hate buying new stuff that looks like the old stuff. May as well wait now and see what it looks like in 6 months.

The 25 1500s are likely to have the refresh that the Tahoes have. The 2500s won't get that until 26. I hate buying new stuff that looks like the old stuff. May as well wait now and see what it looks like in 6 months.
I agree Axe. You got a link to a decent write-up of the 2025 Tahoe changes?

I agree Axe. You got a link to a decent write-up of the 2025 Tahoe changes?
I think I seen it on GM Authority. I don't know if I've seen any actual reviews yet.

Also check out the new Colorado. When I test drove that ZR2, the interior was pretty damn nice and the infotainment system had new features and layout. Not sure it's a total redesign, but they definitely changed it up. I liked the look a little better, hopefully more reliable.

I think if you can find one at a dealer near you, you'd enjoy a quick test drive and could see what you think of infotainment.

I think I seen it on GM Authority. I don't know if I've seen any actual reviews yet.

Also check out the new Colorado. When I test drove that ZR2, the interior was pretty damn nice and the infotainment system had new features and layout. Not sure it's a total redesign, but they definitely changed it up. I liked the look a little better, hopefully more reliable.

I think if you can find one at a dealer near you, you'd enjoy a quick test drive and could see what you think of infotainment.
I'll be at my dealer at 8am for my OC and plan on taking a look.

It wouldn't be the first time they made a mid year adjustment.
That may be true, but I can't find the option for a non Bison on the "build & Price" tool on Chevrolet .com, so maybe it's there and is just a well kept secret. I will hold judgement until I see a pic of a standard front ZR2 bumper with park assist sensors.

Most Member Reactions

Back