Genuine GM Platinum Extended Warranty Pricing

securityguy

Reaction score
I just thought I'd post the latest $0 deductible warranty pricing from Knapp. They offer a 20% down...FREE FINANCING for 12 months on all warranty purchases.

2023-03-30_15-24-09.jpg

How is that when the cheapest one above is $74.27 per month. Thats 3 times what I am paying
These quotes are for 12 month finances, so; $74.27 x12 =$891.24, plus the 20% down of $222.80 = $1,114.04 in total.
Vs. $25 x48 months = $1,200.00.
This example doesn't come out to much more, though some other examples will come out to a nice few hundo more.

Reactions: AXE
These quotes are for 12 month finances, so; $74.27 x12 =$891.24, plus the 20% down of $222.80 = $1,114.04 in total.
Vs. $25 x48 months = $1,200.00.
This example doesn't come out to much more, though some other examples will come out to a nice few hundo more.
In addition, I believe the Geico plan has a $250 deductible and not a ZERO. I looked into it once and decided it wasn't as great a value as it appears.

I just thought I'd post the latest $0 deductible warranty pricing from Knapp. They offer a 20% down...FREE FINANCING for 12 months on all warranty purchases.

View attachment 4291
These are great prices. I tried to buy one last night but since I live in Florida they couldn't write it so they refunded my money. I have to purchase it through a dealer but was told to take my quote in for them to match price...maybe.

These are great prices. I tried to buy one last night but since I live in Florida they couldn't write it so they refunded my money. I have to purchase it through a dealer but was told to take my quote in for them to match price...maybe.
I live in FL too. PM me and I'll share a workaround with you that will work 100%. In FL, extended warranties are controlled by the State Insurance Commission and are not discountable by law, so a dealer cannot price match.

I live in FL too. PM me and I'll share a workaround with you that will work 100%. In FL, extended warranties are controlled by the State Insurance Commission and are not discountable by law, so a dealer cannot price match.
California is the same way.

It is the GM extended warranty, not a 3rd party. Bumper to Bumper with 100 deductable
GM does not have a plan like this: "86/125,000 with 100 deductible". Therefore, it cannot be a GM Plan. I believe that GM Plans max out at 100K miles. Can you post a pic of what you bought?

Reactions: AXE
Sorry I was wrong, just reading the papaerwork....it's from Portfolio
Unless you are hell bent on coverage up to 125K miles, I'd get your money back if it's within the cancellation policy and buy a Genuine GM plan from Knapp. 8 years, $0 deductible, 100K miles = $2211 that you can spread out over 12 months interest free after 20% down. 84 month plan is only $2089. You WAY overpaid at $3500 for a third-party.

Unless you are hell bent on coverage up to 125K miles, I'd get your money back if it's within the cancellation policy and buy a Genuine GM plan from Knapp. 8 years, $0 deductible, 100K miles = $2211 that you can spread out over 12 months interest free after 20% down. 84 month plan is only $2089. You WAY overpaid at $3500 for a third-party.
It was for the warranty, 3 yr theft/recovery and the ceramic coat

Most Member Reactions

Back