Getting a New Motor

Kaholik24

Reaction score
So Saturday I had cruise set at 80 on the freeway and the truck started not maintaining speed and then just shut off. It had a message on the DIC saying "Engine oil hot, Idle Engine" well it wouldn't start back up so I had it towed. Took it to the dealer and they said it had 26 codes in it and that was conducive with the Fuel Pump Power Control Module. After getting a loaner they called me and said motor is locked up tight. 16214 miles and its dead, thats just nuts!!!

So Saturday I had cruise set at 80 on the freeway and the truck started not maintaining speed and then just shut off. It had a message on the DIC saying "Engine oil hot, Idle Engine" well it wouldn't start back up so I had it towed. Took it to the dealer and they said it had 26 codes in it and that was conducive with the Fuel Pump Power Control Module. After getting a loaner they called me and said motor is locked up tight. 16214 miles and its dead, thats just nuts!!!
damn..that sucks..i had a 21 sierra denali i traded in for the ZR2...never an issue. how is new motor?

damn..that sucks..i had a 21 sierra denali i traded in for the ZR2...never an issue. how is new motor?
Still waiting on GM to send their person out to authorize the replacement. Service Manager said once that happens it should be 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed those are accurate times

Reactions: AXE
Still waiting on GM to send their person out to authorize the replacement. Service Manager said once that happens it should be 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed those are accurate times
I hope GM has a fleet of loan cars ready to go. I have only 500mi on mine and I am already sweating bullets while I
wait to see how long it will stay in one piece. With all the damn problems happening with the engines, Those loan cars better be Corvettes.

I hope GM has a fleet of loan cars ready to go. I have only 500mi on mine and I am already sweating bullets while I
wait to see how long it will stay in one piece. With all the damn problems happening with the engines, Those loan cars better be Corvettes.
They have a lot of trucks sitting around. They'd be getting me a new deal, they can resell the old one just as easy as new. Guys shouldn't be without their rig for more than a few days.

Trade her, tell them you want -$10K for new one.......everyone is a winner!

Good to hear!

I am sure they will have an experienced tech or three doing the work.

I would take it to another dealer for inspection after the work is completed. Just for peace of mind.

Crate motor cause dealer isn't allowed to open them up to find the cause.
They will send it back to the Quality department in Ramos, Tonawanda, or St.Catharines - whichever its origin is. Then the Tech's and Engineers get to perform some pretty incredible testing, and will know the root cause of its failure within a couple hours of analysis.

But I don't know much about it.

They will send it back to the Quality department in Ramos, Tonawanda, or St.Catharines - whichever its origin is. Then the Tech's and Engineers get to perform some pretty incredible testing, and will know the root cause of its failure within a couple hours of analysis.

But I don't know much about it.
But how do I get those results?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back