GM Authority says 6.2 L unavailable to order

Reads to me that ZR2's not to a certain point in the production stage will be delayed given they only have 6.2's.

I read that earlier today, pretty unbelievable for whatever reason...and I'm sure they'll blame asian chips or COVID or whatever but interesting it's only the 6.2 (gas wise), at least so far.

Last edited:
I’ll say it again. GM Authority is the absolute worst source for information. They love to sensationalize everything and all it does is promote false information.

The 6.2L is at zero availability this week. All that means is that there is a supply issue and any orders at 1100 will not be filled this week.

If you already have an order at 3000 or higher, this does not effect you.

I have an update on this situation. The new national constraint report from GM does list the 6.2L at 0% availability for the remainder of the 2022 model year. That means that ZR2 is also going to be at 0%. If you have an order at 1100, you're likely not going to get your order filled for 2022. I would try to find one that's already built and in transit. You could try to find one that's ordered but there's no guarantee that ordered stock units will be built at this point.

So, it appears that GMA got this one right, which is definitely a surprise given their history.

My dealer got a light blue one in last week that was not spoken for is anyone wants i can give them the info. North East PA here

I have an update on this situation. The new national constraint report from GM does list the 6.2L at 0% availability for the remainder of the 2022 model year. That means that ZR2 is also going to be at 0%. If you have an order at 1100, you're likely not going to get your order filled for 2022. I would try to find one that's already built and in transit. You could try to find one that's ordered but there's no guarantee that ordered stock units will be built at this point.

So, it appears that GMA got this one right, which is definitely a surprise given their history.
That is crazy!

I did get confirmation from my rep today that are no more 6.2 or ZR2 allocations for the rest of the 2022 model year. 2023 ordering starts 7/21 so hopefully it will be back then. Production for 2023 doesn't start until 8/29.

After years of us chevy guys waiting on this truck...

"thanks for being fans, we're out of motors", GM :poop:

Oh well - at least I can hope the Bison package level will be available for 2023!

I did get confirmation from my rep today that are no more 6.2 or ZR2 allocations for the rest of the 2022 model year. 2023 ordering starts 7/21 so hopefully it will be back then. Production for 2023 doesn't start until 8/29.
Did you get confirmation on whether sold orders would be filled?

Did you get confirmation on whether sold orders would be filled?
Based on a line from an email that was shared with me. If it wasn't rolling down the assembly line already, it's not getting built. But that's just my interpretation.

Excerpt from email:
Due to a complete Supplier Shortage, our (L87) 6.2L V8 will no
longer be available for the 22MY (including the Sweep).

For anyone in or around KC MO area, i heard from a dealer this morning that this north sky blue just arrived.

(hopefully this link works)

NS Blue ZR2

I’m surprised the aren’t offering the 5.3 in its place. The trucks aren’t different enough to make that an issue.

I’m surprised the aren’t offering the 5.3 in its place. The trucks aren’t different enough to make that an issue.
I couldn’t imagine a 5.3 in the “ pinnacle “ truck. I had a 5.3 for 13 years and I would never go back to that engine. Especially from driving one truck with 5.3 and 33’s to another with a 6.2.

It would be comically slow at this price bracket. Same goes for the 3.0. The TQ is there and real. But once you are rolling you need those ponies!

How is this even possible? They can’t get all the parts they need? You would think that GM had this planned out better

How is this even possible? They can’t get all the parts they need? You would think that GM had this planned out better
As someone who used to work for a tier 1 supplier, you sometimes can't plan around suppliers of the suppliers. Everyone has a supply chain and sometimes reliable sources get messed up.

Most Member Reactions

Back