GMC Didn’t Stand A Chance

AXE

Reaction score
Current situation at Home Depot.......this weak sauce from GMC couldn't carry my lunch pail!

Attachments

• 20240301_143443.jpg
    20240301_143443.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 368
Current situation at Home Depot.......this weak sauce from GMC couldn't carry my lunch pail!
My last truck, GMC Denali “Ultimate” was a hunk of sh$&. Our Suburban bought in the same month, according to our body shop, had twice the paint thickness(cost 15k less). My Denali 1500 2016, went through 5 transmissions over 299k miles. A dealership in WV offered me triple book value, unseen, I asked where to start signing

My last truck, GMC Denali “Ultimate” was a hunk of sh$&. Our Suburban bought in the same month, according to our body shop, had twice the paint thickness(cost 15k less). My Denali 1500 2016, went through 5 transmissions over 299k miles. A dealership in WV offered me triple book value, unseen, I asked where to start signing
that sucks. i had a 100% opposite experience with my 21 sierra denali.

At that time it was the only GM vehicle I could find with a 6.2L, had a local Chevy dealer sell the actual vehicle I had originally ordered(5 months previously) for well over sticker(why they don’t take deposits). Found that out through a trusted source. Dealer is now on my naughty list.
The Denali was great at first, but fuel pump disintegrated at 65k, had to replace entire fuel system for $7,500. Auto running boards always crapped out(no grease ports). Sunroof leaked from the start, and never stopped after multiple dealer attempts. Infotainment system would go black or touch would be unresponsive after any drive over 4 hours. Granted I did have a Whipple supercharger, I never floored it😉. All our other GM 1500s are the same on the transmissions, can’t push one past 115k. Our 97/98 1500/2500s did 300+, I could go on and on. The fit and finish was below a Chevy LT, spent 2 weeks at the dealership, starting the moment I signed the papers, fixing what Mexico couldn’t get right. Truck was never right.
Our late 90’s trucks are still running with their original transmissions. Probably all about fuel efficiency standards, why I went back to a 2500/Allison

I would probably take the one on the right, but a pretty lineup. I loved/hated my black trucks, wish GM made something that changed color when it got dirty
Pewter (gray) from early 2000s never looked very dirty.

The GMC had a crooked left rear corner bumper too but not as bad.

I would probably take the one on the right, but a pretty lineup. I loved/hated my black trucks, wish GM made something that changed color when it got dirty
Ceramic coat it and you’ll only buy black trucks. I’ve had my truck for over a year and washed it like 4 times and it looks like it came off the showroom floor every day.

Ceramic coat it and you’ll only buy black trucks. I’ve had my truck for over a year and washed it like 4 times and it looks like it came off the showroom floor every day.
I would if I didn’t do so much mileage, doesn’t stop the sand running out of the 6 dump trucks I got stuck behind today

Most Member Reactions

Back