GMC Didn’t Stand A Chance

Not much competition at the lake. This GMC AT4 made an appearance, but with the ugly wheels and a gallon of white ammonia residue from spilled DEF fluid down the side of the truck, he got DNFd!

Attachments

• 20240419_172135.jpg
    20240419_172135.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 21
Not much competition at the lake. This GMC AT4 made an appearance, but with the ugly wheels and a gallon of white ammonia residue from spilled DEF fluid down the side of the truck, he got DNFd!
I almost made it there. 😀 Good thing I had spare but didn't want to test other old tire so headed home. I had new tire and rims already on order. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_4751.jpeg
    IMG_4751.jpeg
    782.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4752.jpeg
    IMG_4752.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4761.png
    IMG_4761.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4758.png
    IMG_4758.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 11
I almost made it there. 😀 Good thing I had spare but didn't want to test other old tire so headed home. I had new tire and rims already on order. 😎
Yep, only tires I've ever blown were my boat, camper, and utility trailer. Fortunately, mine were uneventful.

Trailer tires go bad cause they sit too much. Tires are self lubricating and if they don't get used they dry rot and the ozone breaks them down.

I put those exact wheels on my camper. I thought the stock wheels were too small and I went up a size to run better tires with higher weight limit. Now I don't go through tires as often.

Last edited:
Me likes the GMC wheels 😓
LOL, I've seen better. They were 22s and spokes were too open. They look like they would ride rough. I can live with 20s, but no go for 22s.

Attachments

• 20240419_172045.jpg
    20240419_172045.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yep, only tires I've ever blown were my boat, camper, and utility trailer. Fortunately, mine were uneventful.

Trailer tires go bad cause they sit too much. Tires are self lubricating and if they don't get used they dry rot and the ozone breaks them down.

I put those exact wheels on my camper. I thought the stock wheels were too small and I went up a size to run better tires with higher weight limit. Now I don't go through tires as often.
I went with the 215 75 14 D rated. Finding nice trailer wheel 6 inch wide in 14 inch is getting scarce most made for 205 tire. Everything seems to be 15 inch or larger now in this application. I got some trips planned. While I got it apart, I can check on my bearings. I should have just put the spare trailer tires. 3 yrs old before the new tires arrived. Fortunate no other damage or other vehicles involved spraying rubber. 😀

Most Member Reactions

Back