Grille Light Placement

The_Q

Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to install some two light cube lights in my grille. I want to use a combination of white and fog lights. Looking for recommendations on placement. The cubes I have fit perfectly into the grille openings.

Here are two pictures of what I’m looking at doing, just not sure if having the fog lights on the end (A) or between white lights (B) looks best.
IMG_0971.jpeg

IMG_0972.jpeg

The lights are available on Amazon if anyone else wants to try this.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those look nice. I would do one color personally. How are you going to mount them?

Those look nice. I would do one color personally. How are you going to mount them?
Thanks for the input.

I’m going to use a strip of aluminum along the back and use the brackets the lights come with. They fit nice and snug in the grille openings. There won’t be any bouncing around. The only bad part is being stuck with no up or down positioning.

Thanks for the input.

I’m going to use a strip of aluminum along the back and use the brackets the lights come with. They fit nice and snug in the grille openings. There won’t be any bouncing around. The only bad part is being stuck with no up or down positioning.
Good luck on the project. I'd go with A between the two you have.

I would test them out with a temporary harness and then decide based upon light patterns your looking for. Also run them with your other lights somewhere it's really dark. It'll give you a different effect than in town.

I've done enough lights to know that every manufacturer casts a different pattern. I've had a couple that made annoying patterns when run independently, but looked great together.

I sort of think B might be the best for running them independently depending upon driving conditions.

Another vote for B to give the most balanced pattern/look.

Please take some pictures as you do this, I’ve been thinking about doing something very similar 👍

i like it....curious if that bumper will accept a winch. good job!!
Well the thing about the bumper is they made it for the 6.2 version, not the duramax. I’ve done the measurements and I’ll be doing some fab work to fit a Sherpa in there. Just haven’t gotten there yet. The 6.2 will fit a full size laying on its back. The intercooler radiator on the duramax is lower than the actual radiator. A lot of trimming will be needed

Most Member Reactions

Back