Hard Tonneau

kipper

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Chevy Short Bed Hard Folding Tonneau Cover in Matte Black by REV® - Associated Accessories is the same as the BAKFlip MX4?
They look identical and are priced the same. My wife has $1,150 in GM rewards so I’m thinking of getting the one from Chevy.

Anyone know if the Chevy Short Bed Hard Folding Tonneau Cover in Matte Black by REV® - Associated Accessories is the same as the BAKFlip MX4?
They look identical and are priced the same. My wife has $1,150 in GM rewards so I’m thinking of getting the one from Chevy.
Probably, GM couldn't make anything that nice! They'd have to have a TSB and recall program at the ready.

I have the OEM by Rev, I can tell you it seems identical in form and function to the MX4, mine has been is use since July of 21 and only a little rub of the finish paint in a couple spots on the 3rd panel where the lock rail supports from one of the other panels rub when opened that far. I keep those spots touched up when they show up with a gun black paint marker after a cleanup and it still looks brand new, you can get one from a Cebela's or Bass Pro, Brownell's, places like that. I also open it and prop it up vertical at some point after a rain to let the panels drain any water out of the channels for 15-30 minutes or longer, that is the one thing that kills a hard cover like these, if water is just allowed to sit in the panel channels after raining for a long time, eventually it will seep in and the panels get really heavy and that extra weight will hurt them much faster over time. If you do those things you can expect to get much more than the usual 5 years out of one of these and have it still look and function very well.

Last edited:
I purchased one from Ebay. Its a quad fold but they also have a tri fold and other styles...Paid about $360 total. Been on truck for 2 weeks now with multiple days of heavy rain and not one leak inside. Not bad for under $400.

Attachments

• IMG_5777 (1).jpg
    IMG_5777 (1).jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 23
do you have a brand/part number you can share?
Of course...here ya go.

They sell other styles as well....just click the "sellers other items" next to their name.

I am not an affiliate and do not make anything from any purchases...not sure why they state this.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I purchased one from Ebay. Its a quad fold but they also have a tri fold and other styles...Paid about $360 total. Been on truck for 2 weeks now with multiple days of heavy rain and not one leak inside. Not bad for under $400.
i went same route...i have an ebay trifold originally puchased for my 21'denali. its still goin strong with some bumps and nicks. pd $350

Most Member Reactions

Back