HD ZR2 Winch Info

RickJ

Reaction score
I have been in contact with Come Up USA regarding the recommended winch for the 2024 2500 HD ZR2 Bison and GMC AT4X AEV. I was told that GM will market the winch, GM#19435527 exclusively, it is based on Come Up’s “Solo 12.5rs” with application specific wiring and clutch handle and meet dust and water incursion spec IP68. Come Up expects GM to have these sometime in December. When I checked, pricing had not been released. I expect that AEV or Come Up will have a bracket available to remote mount the control box.

Reactions: AXE
I swear it seems like the winch bumpers for ZR2s were just an after thought. Undersized and no compatibility. The 1500 should be able to fit a 12k and the HD should have been able to fit a 15k. It's weird they won't take anything from warn or smittybuilt, ect.

I swear it seems like the winch bumpers for ZR2s were just an after thought. Undersized and no compatibility. The 1500 should be able to fit a 12k and the HD should have been able to fit a 15k. It's weird they won't take anything from warn or smittybuilt, ect.
They are only made to winch your rig up on the flat bed for a ride to dealer when your electronics go bad....... definitely worth +$9k tho!

The winch specific to my Albino from GM is rated at 9500. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger on that one yet or fit a warn in there

Any updates on the HD ZR2 winch arrival? The Come Up looks like a nice unit, so willing to give it a whirl.

I'm not as concerned about max limit cause I don't think it'll see a lot of use. I figure I paid for this Bison bumper, so have to have a winch.

To the winch thread, nothing in my first post has changed, the part is still not active, but I’ll add this. There is a part number 19435528 ,although not active, for a winch installation kit. If you GOOGLE either of these part numbers you will find a link to this:“Installation Guide for the 2024+ Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra Heavy Duty Truck Winch (PN 19435527) and Installatin Kit (PN 19435528)”. The install kit includes the bracket to remote mount the Winch Controller under the hood, and I’m guessing the cables and other bits and pieces.

Curious if it is only remote controlled like the winch available for the GMC AT4X AEV
It can be as wireless, with a hardwired control switch that plugs in as a backup. Of course if someone does not want to use the wireless control it can be used full time with the hardwire control.

Most Member Reactions

Back