Here’s Why GM Won’t Put The LT4 Engine In Chevy Silverado: Exclusive

Says you can buy the crate LT4 for about 10 grand more than the L87. So can't they just tack 10 grand more on to the price of the Silverado and offer the LT4? I know there is more that goes into it, but seems like it would make a lot of sense and give them their Raptor competitor.

Last edited:
I agree!! The Silverado would be awesome with the LT4 engine. Chevy just doesn't seem to care about being on top anymore when it comes to HP. I can only imagine all the comments blowing up if there were any kind of price increase......Holy cow! Every time, I read a review I see this repeated many times.

Says you can but the crate LT4 for about 10 grand more than the L87. So can't they just tack 10 grand more on to the price of the Silverado and offer the LT4? I know there is more that goes into it, but seems like it would make a lot of sense and give them their Raptor competitor.
Ford does it with the F150 Raptor R. 30k upcharge for the supercharged
motor hense why you have a 85k raptor and 115k raptor. im still pissed they have not fixed the cam lifter issue on gas.

I’m sure there would be a market for it. It wouldn’t be me. The Raptor R isn’t worth its asking price. Let alone what markups place it at.

The Gen 6 small blocks should update the range back into competition. I would expect the “next 6.2” to make 500ish. Ram will set the bar with the hurricane line.

The current motor is from 2014. Basically unchanged minus dynamic fuel management.

Before I pick up the torch about not getting once again, a 10 year old engine. I would see what’s down the pipe with Gen 6.

I’m sure there would be a market for it. It wouldn’t be me. The Raptor R isn’t worth its asking price. Let alone what markups place it at.

The Gen 6 small blocks should update the range back into competition. I would expect the “next 6.2” to make 500ish. Ram will set the bar with the hurricane line.

The current motor is from 2014. Basically unchanged minus dynamic fuel management.

Before I pick up the torch about not getting once again, a 10 year old engine. I would see what’s down the pipe with Gen 6.
I agree for the most part. I think it's a good engine minus DFM, but this is the last truck I'm buying with one.

Says you can buy the crate LT4 for about 10 grand more than the L87. So can't they just tack 10 grand more on to the price of the Silverado and offer the LT4? I know there is more that goes into it, but seems like it would make a lot of sense and give them their Raptor competitor.
The dealer closest to me was adding ten grand to the cost of every Silverado and you didn’t even get the LT4 motor.

To make the ZR2 in the same class as a TRX or raptor R it's would take more than just a hotter engine. so it would cost more than another 10k. I own a TRX and a ZR2 and they're not the same class of vehicle. the ZR2 isn't really direct competition for the standard Raptor either.

that's not to say the Zr2 isn't great, actually it's a better all-around pickup and more useful in my opinion. but more power alone wouldn't get me to pay another 10k.

To make the ZR2 in the same class as a TRX or raptor R it's would take more than just a hotter engine. so it would cost more than another 10k. I own a TRX and a ZR2 and they're not the same class of vehicle. the ZR2 isn't really direct competition for the standard Raptor either.

that's not to say the Zr2 isn't great, actually it's a better all-around pickup and more useful in my opinion. but more power alone wouldn't get me to pay another 10k.
that motor and i wider stance may suck me in!

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back