Here’s Why Your Chevy Silverado 1500 May Have A Front-Axle Clicking Noise

I have a whining noise in the front. Assume it was the tires. Not really a clicking noise. Been to cold to run with the windows down. I checked my build sheet on my 22 ZR2 does have the front axle RPO SU4 code. Will keep an eye on this.

Securityguy, thanks for sharing.

I 100% had this on my '21 Sierra. Only in the warm temperatures, and it would go away once put in Auto (from 2WD), but after a few sessions, come back. Typically always heard it when I would swing in front of my driveway, place into reverse, and click click on initial roll back - almost as if the calipers held the pads to the rotors, and the rolling force had to spring them back off. Metallic click noise.

Also at a stop sign - full stop, and the initial acceleration, no hard load, I would hear it there as well.

Haven't noticed it on the ZR2 though. :unsure:

I do get this when I go into reverse to pull into my driveway. Noticed it one other outside doing that when driving on a really torn up road. Just once then it stopped.

I get an odd noise when in reverse on first start up of each day. Do not notice it any other time and I’m not sure what it is. Kind of a creaking noise. Difficult to describe. Has anyone else had the issue or know what it is? I’m assuming it’s nothing serious as I have no lights coming on, the truck drives just fine, and I only hear it on the first start backing out of my driveway. But it happens every single day so I’m not sure what to make of it.

I get an odd noise when in reverse on first start up of each day. Do not notice it any other time and I’m not sure what it is. Kind of a creaking noise. Difficult to describe. Has anyone else had the issue or know what it is? I’m assuming it’s nothing serious as I have no lights coming on, the truck drives just fine, and I only hear it on the first start backing out of my driveway. But it happens every single day so I’m not sure what to make of it.
Mine does it almost every day when I first start down my somewhat steep driveway. Almost sounds like a power steering pump hum or whine, but not coming from that area. Don’t know what it is either

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back