If you have a 3.0 liter diesel and run a Bank iDash...

never heard or seen this guage. A-pillar mount?
Yeah, it is an A-pillar mount or I am just using the suction cup for now, I have the A-pillar mount but am holding off for a while so I can remove the gauge if I go in for service and the A-pillar mount is harder to remove quickly. While it is just an OBD reader with a few other capabilities I am not willing to take a chance on warranty denial over it, so it is just easier to remove it. I use it to keep an eye on a number of things GM didn't see fit to give us in our DIC's, it has up to 5 screens of up to 8 readings each configurable, so I keep groups of things on each screen for different scenarios. I think that knowing what is normal for my truck can help me see an issue starting before it gets too far out of hand, on the 1st screen I keep an eye on oil/coolant/trans temps, gear and TC lockup status along with TC slip, DPF soot load and regen trigger as well as average distance between regens. On other screens I watch EGT's and EGR temps, fuel/DEF levels and fuel/DEF temps as well as DEF concentration. There is a lot the ECM sees that we can't see on the dash, and especially with the diesels there are things you might want to keep an eye on. It worked a little better in the 21 LM2 with the Global A architecture (oil pressure, starting a manual DPF regen to name a few), but they are still working on getting everything working on the Global B architecture of the refreshed interior. As far as I can tell from looking through this new rev they released I see zero changes, not sure if Banks messed up or what, so I just have to wait for the next update and hope it has some improvements.

Yeah, it is an A-pillar mount or I am just using the suction cup for now, I have the A-pillar mount but am holding off for a while so I can remove the gauge if I go in for service and the A-pillar mount is harder to remove quickly. While it is just an OBD reader with a few other capabilities I am not willing to take a chance on warranty denial over it, so it is just easier to remove it. I use it to keep an eye on a number of things GM didn't see fit to give us in our DIC's, it has up to 5 screens of up to 8 readings each configurable, so I keep groups of things on each screen for different scenarios. I think that knowing what is normal for my truck can help me see an issue starting before it gets too far out of hand, on the 1st screen I keep an eye on oil/coolant/trans temps, gear and TC lockup status along with TC slip, DPF soot load and regen trigger as well as average distance between regens. On other screens I watch EGT's and EGR temps, fuel/DEF levels and fuel/DEF temps as well as DEF concentration. There is a lot the ECM sees that we can't see on the dash, and especially with the diesels there are things you might want to keep an eye on. It worked a little better in the 21 LM2 with the Global A architecture (oil pressure, starting a manual DPF regen to name a few), but they are still working on getting everything working on the Global B architecture of the refreshed interior. As far as I can tell from looking through this new rev they released I see zero changes, not sure if Banks messed up or what, so I just have to wait for the next update and hope it has some improvements.
Not a warranty issue at all since it's a plug-n-play OBD device. I certainly wouldn't remove it based on what it is and what it does. I love Banks equipment...all first class gear!

Banks has said they will call and talk to any dealer that tries to limit or void warranty due to an iDash, that is a great asset if someone has trouble, I can also admit that you can always call GM to complain and start a customer complaint report, you can even hire a lawyer and go after a Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act violation and likely win, but that seems like a lot of work.

I just got a banks idash super-gauge, with a pedal monster, version 1.24.00 installed already, I will have to install gauge and update it to the beta software (V01.24.10) at the same time. I will update this thread with how that goes. I have a 2024 LZ0 ZR2 Bison....which is in the dealer for the past week with a clogged DPF. DPF is getting replaced under warranty. (Dont drive your truck in limp mode for any period of time....it will not regen). I had to drive mine back to the coast from death valley, it went into limp mode due to a loose hose off the turbo resonator (my fault...:censored:) Only 1800 miles on the truck. Emissions equipment on diesels sucks. I am getting used to it though. Hopefully the idash will help with regen awareness.

You may want to check the Banks page @pat5923, there is a newer version, 1.24.11, it is still just a housekeeping rev with no functional difference from 1.24.7, but it is the latest.

You may want to check the Banks page @pat5923, there is a newer version, 1.24.11, it is still just a housekeeping rev with no functional difference from 1.24.7, but it is the latest.

HighTech,
I just went to Banks the other day. They are about 45 min away from me. They updated my idash to the 1.24.11. I love this guage! Thank you sir.

HighTech,
I just went to Banks the other day. They are about 45 min away from me. They updated my idash to the 1.24.11. I love this guage! Thank you sir.
You are very welcome! I am glad you like it and am tickled pink my opinion yielded good results for you!!!

Most of us are really keeping our fingers crossed for what will likely be 1.25.X, if we get back the things we are missing from the current revs with our 22.5+ Global B architecture trucks, like Oil Pressure, DPF Distance (actual since last regen and NOT the average) along with a number of others that slip my mind right now (like initiating a regen, even though I would probably never do that since every regen wears on the DPF, no need to do them willy nilly) then we will be ecstatic, and you will love your gauge even MORE! Fingers crossed! 🤞🙏

You are very welcome! I am glad you like it and am tickled pink my opinion yielded good results for you!!!

Most of us are really keeping our fingers crossed for what will likely be 1.25.X, if we get back the things we are missing from the current revs with our 22.5+ Global B architecture trucks, like Oil Pressure, DPF Distance (actual since last regen and NOT the average) along with a number of others that slip my mind right now (like initiating a regen, even though I would probably never do that since every regen wears on the DPF, no need to do them willy nilly) then we will be ecstatic, and you will love your gauge even MORE! Fingers crossed! 🤞🙏
Add me to the list of people that this thread has helped. I was well down my “auto pilot” route of what I’ve always done with my vehicles. Mobile app and OBD adapter, call it a day. After digging around the interwebs and researching based on this thread, I’m now saving up for a Banks.

Add me to the list of people that this thread has helped. I was well down my “auto pilot” route of what I’ve always done with my vehicles. Mobile app and OBD adapter, call it a day. After digging around the interwebs and researching based on this thread, I’m now saving up for a Banks.
I would suggest just getting the Super Gauge version and save some money, I went with the Data Monster version (can record data to SD card is the ONLY difference) and have never had a need or desire to record anything, in hindsight I should have just gotten the Super Gauge instead. If on the other hand you think you will want to log data out of the gauge then maybe it is worth the extra to upgrade to the Data Monster version, I mean it is nice to know it is there if I ever decide I need or want to track some things more closely. IMHO/YMMV

I would suggest just getting the Super Gauge version and save some money, I went with the Data Monster version (can record data to SD card is the ONLY difference) and have never had a need or desire to record anything, in hindsight I should have just gotten the Super Gauge instead. If on the other hand you think you will want to log data out of the gauge then maybe it is worth the extra to upgrade to the Data Monster version, I mean it is nice to know it is there if I ever decide I need or want to track some things more closely. IMHO/YMMV
Yea Super Guage was what I was looking at. My SCCA days are LONG since gone, no need for me to collect data for tune this or adjust that. I just want as much detail as I can get with live data, this 100% fits that bill.

The advice was most helpful. I Agree sir. My truck is still under 5k miles. And regens pretty frequent. About every 300. The new rev would be awesome along with a derringer from Banks😎

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back