If you have a 3.0 liter diesel and run a Bank iDash...

never heard or seen this guage. A-pillar mount?
Yeah, it is an A-pillar mount or I am just using the suction cup for now, I have the A-pillar mount but am holding off for a while so I can remove the gauge if I go in for service and the A-pillar mount is harder to remove quickly. While it is just an OBD reader with a few other capabilities I am not willing to take a chance on warranty denial over it, so it is just easier to remove it. I use it to keep an eye on a number of things GM didn't see fit to give us in our DIC's, it has up to 5 screens of up to 8 readings each configurable, so I keep groups of things on each screen for different scenarios. I think that knowing what is normal for my truck can help me see an issue starting before it gets too far out of hand, on the 1st screen I keep an eye on oil/coolant/trans temps, gear and TC lockup status along with TC slip, DPF soot load and regen trigger as well as average distance between regens. On other screens I watch EGT's and EGR temps, fuel/DEF levels and fuel/DEF temps as well as DEF concentration. There is a lot the ECM sees that we can't see on the dash, and especially with the diesels there are things you might want to keep an eye on. It worked a little better in the 21 LM2 with the Global A architecture (oil pressure, starting a manual DPF regen to name a few), but they are still working on getting everything working on the Global B architecture of the refreshed interior. As far as I can tell from looking through this new rev they released I see zero changes, not sure if Banks messed up or what, so I just have to wait for the next update and hope it has some improvements.

Yeah, it is an A-pillar mount or I am just using the suction cup for now, I have the A-pillar mount but am holding off for a while so I can remove the gauge if I go in for service and the A-pillar mount is harder to remove quickly. While it is just an OBD reader with a few other capabilities I am not willing to take a chance on warranty denial over it, so it is just easier to remove it. I use it to keep an eye on a number of things GM didn't see fit to give us in our DIC's, it has up to 5 screens of up to 8 readings each configurable, so I keep groups of things on each screen for different scenarios. I think that knowing what is normal for my truck can help me see an issue starting before it gets too far out of hand, on the 1st screen I keep an eye on oil/coolant/trans temps, gear and TC lockup status along with TC slip, DPF soot load and regen trigger as well as average distance between regens. On other screens I watch EGT's and EGR temps, fuel/DEF levels and fuel/DEF temps as well as DEF concentration. There is a lot the ECM sees that we can't see on the dash, and especially with the diesels there are things you might want to keep an eye on. It worked a little better in the 21 LM2 with the Global A architecture (oil pressure, starting a manual DPF regen to name a few), but they are still working on getting everything working on the Global B architecture of the refreshed interior. As far as I can tell from looking through this new rev they released I see zero changes, not sure if Banks messed up or what, so I just have to wait for the next update and hope it has some improvements.
Not a warranty issue at all since it's a plug-n-play OBD device. I certainly wouldn't remove it based on what it is and what it does. I love Banks equipment...all first class gear!

Banks has said they will call and talk to any dealer that tries to limit or void warranty due to an iDash, that is a great asset if someone has trouble, I can also admit that you can always call GM to complain and start a customer complaint report, you can even hire a lawyer and go after a Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act violation and likely win, but that seems like a lot of work.

I just got a banks idash super-gauge, with a pedal monster, version 1.24.00 installed already, I will have to install gauge and update it to the beta software (V01.24.10) at the same time. I will update this thread with how that goes. I have a 2024 LZ0 ZR2 Bison....which is in the dealer for the past week with a clogged DPF. DPF is getting replaced under warranty. (Dont drive your truck in limp mode for any period of time....it will not regen). I had to drive mine back to the coast from death valley, it went into limp mode due to a loose hose off the turbo resonator (my fault...:censored:) Only 1800 miles on the truck. Emissions equipment on diesels sucks. I am getting used to it though. Hopefully the idash will help with regen awareness.

You may want to check the Banks page @pat5923, there is a newer version, 1.24.11, it is still just a housekeeping rev with no functional difference from 1.24.7, but it is the latest.

Most Member Reactions

Back