Infotainment screen showed a lock

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
Today, for some reason, my infotainment screen showed time/date and a locked lock symbol on the right hand 1/3 of the screen, I''m usually running Apple Carplay so the map is on the left 2/3 of the sreen and on the right 1/3 I usually have whatever music I am playing. Today I stopped at the dealer to see if they would replace the spare tire due to the sidewall being damaged by being up against the underframe, they agreed to put a new tire on it and when I got in to drive away this lock symbol was on the right hand 1/3 of the screen and no matter which of the 4 displays I swiped to they all were the same, no more clock, no more music display, no google, nothing but this time/daye stamp and a locked lock symbol. I tried just leaving it to see if it was just another glitch (I have seen quite a few so far) coming out of the fancy infotainment system, but no go. After multiple stops along the way home and the screen still showed as locked I decided the best thing to try was to reset the infotainment system by holding the "hang up" button while in park, fter the reboot was completed everything was back to normal, so 1 more for the record books on strange incidents with the new system. I know that if there is software, there is bugs, so not really upset or concerned, just thought it might help someone else if they run into this.

Most Member Reactions

Back