Interesting noise coming from under truck....

Griffwing

Reaction score
So I've had this noise since shortly getting my truck. It's been to the dealer and of course they can't "Recreate customer complaint". So hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction to resolving it. After the first visit to the dealer the noise seemed to be less frequent and a lot quieter. After some off-roading though the noise is getting worse again

So I've had this noise since shortly getting my truck. It's been to the dealer and of course they can't "Recreate customer complaint". So hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction to resolving it. After the first visit to the dealer the noise seemed to be less frequent and a lot quieter. After some off-roading though the noise is getting worse again
View attachment 12250
guessing you have diesel? sounds like a sheild or skid plate. start front
to rear inspection. good luck.

I had a similar noise but more like gurgling after we stopped for lunch on the trails. Never heard it before and I've been offroading since I got the truck.
Noise went away by the time we were done.

The area it was coming from was by the tank area. Touched numerous surfaces but couldn't find a vibration.

I have the 6.2

There's alot of play in the exhaust hangers, it could easily be a heat shield up against the exhaust. It's easy to get under the truck and look as it sits off the ground.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back