Intro from r75USMC aka "Nick"

r75usmc

Reaction score
Howdy from McKinney, Texas.

I just took home my 2023 ZR2 in Glacier Blue on Tuesday, October 24th. I traded in my 2018 custom-ordered Wrangler Rubicon which I had lifted on 37's and with some other upgrades to make it trail ready. I loved that Jeep, but my move to some acreage and the discomfort of long road trips at 48 years old meant it was time to get back into a pickup.

This is my 3rd pickup, having previously owned a 1995 Dakota, a 2013 Ram and it is my second Chevy, having owned a 2016 Equinox until I got the Jeep.

I test drove 2024 Tundras, Rams, and other Chevys and though I had not thought I would go for an off-road trim, it just felt right. Coming from a lifted Jeep, the others didn't feel tall enough.

This beauty I took home had under 3,000 miles on it and was owned by a business for 10 months, so it still smells brand new. It came nicely featured with the flex tailgate and sunroof. It is missing some of the fancier tech, but its stuff I can definitely live without since it has the most important truck feature of all: fans to cool your butt!

I have already installed a Pedal Commander (can't stand factory throttle curves) and I have an install date in one week for the Borla S-Type exhaust, AMP Research power step running boards, and the Autostop Eliminator. Have ordered my Chevy bed mat and watching for a sale on the Bak Revolver X4S rollup bed cover. I'm figuring out when to bring it in for Llumar Ceramic tint (clear on the windshield is a must to protect your dash from the Texas sun) and I'll eventually do something with the speakers - for now thinking of a Memphis speaker swap and maybe a single subwoofer under the back seat. I was pretty disappointed with the stock Bose system given how great the Alpine system was in my Wrangler.

Overall, this is a beautiful truck in a color I just love and I am glad to have something so nice and yet useful. The Jeep was great when living in the city and having tighter parking situations to deal with, but there is NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT and the big V8 in this is the largest you can find in a 1500 class pickup (that isn't supercharged and 2x the price), so I feel like it is the "just right" pickup for me. I could have gotten a Raptor, but I don't care for the wheezy twin turbo engines. My wife's car is a Range Rover Sport SVR with a 550hp Supercharged V8 and when you drive that around and go try a twin turbo, its just a let-down.

I'm rambling at this point, but all that to say Howdy! I hope y'all love your ZR2 as much as I am loving mine!

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Congrats on your ZR2! Did you find someone in our area to install the Autostop Elim? I took one look at the install steps and said Not for me. Curious as to what the installation costs. I’m tired of pressing the button and tired of waiting patiently on Range Technology for a more robust solution.

The one I have is simple. 5 minute install. Look at Securityguy thread.

Howdy from McKinney, Texas.

I just took home my 2023 ZR2 in Glacier Blue on Tuesday, October 24th. I traded in my 2018 custom-ordered Wrangler Rubicon which I had lifted on 37's and with some other upgrades to make it trail ready. I loved that Jeep, but my move to some acreage and the discomfort of long road trips at 48 years old meant it was time to get back into a pickup.

This is my 3rd pickup, having previously owned a 1995 Dakota, a 2013 Ram and it is my second Chevy, having owned a 2016 Equinox until I got the Jeep.

I test drove 2024 Tundras, Rams, and other Chevys and though I had not thought I would go for an off-road trim, it just felt right. Coming from a lifted Jeep, the others didn't feel tall enough.

This beauty I took home had under 3,000 miles on it and was owned by a business for 10 months, so it still smells brand new. It came nicely featured with the flex tailgate and sunroof. It is missing some of the fancier tech, but its stuff I can definitely live without since it has the most important truck feature of all: fans to cool your butt!

I have already installed a Pedal Commander (can't stand factory throttle curves) and I have an install date in one week for the Borla S-Type exhaust, AMP Research power step running boards, and the Autostop Eliminator. Have ordered my Chevy bed mat and watching for a sale on the Bak Revolver X4S rollup bed cover. I'm figuring out when to bring it in for Llumar Ceramic tint (clear on the windshield is a must to protect your dash from the Texas sun) and I'll eventually do something with the speakers - for now thinking of a Memphis speaker swap and maybe a single subwoofer under the back seat. I was pretty disappointed with the stock Bose system given how great the Alpine system was in my Wrangler.

Overall, this is a beautiful truck in a color I just love and I am glad to have something so nice and yet useful. The Jeep was great when living in the city and having tighter parking situations to deal with, but there is NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT and the big V8 in this is the largest you can find in a 1500 class pickup (that isn't supercharged and 2x the price), so I feel like it is the "just right" pickup for me. I could have gotten a Raptor, but I don't care for the wheezy twin turbo engines. My wife's car is a Range Rover Sport SVR with a 550hp Supercharged V8 and when you drive that around and go try a twin turbo, its just a let-down.

I'm rambling at this point, but all that to say Howdy! I hope y'all love your ZR2 as much as I am loving mine!
Beautiful color, enjoy it with good health my friend !

Congrats on your ZR2! Did you find someone in our area to install the Autostop Elim? I took one look at the install steps and said Not for me. Curious as to what the installation costs. I’m tired of pressing the button and tired of waiting patiently on Range Technology for a more robust solution.
I did. I have done mods of this kind previously, but in cheaper vehicles where screen removal wasn’t required. So I am having Collin County Off-road do it while I have it in for the exhaust and power steps. They are charging one hour of labor.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back