Just Ordered my Onyx Black ZR2 HD Duramax

🤤 That is a good looking truck! Decided to go all out for the duramax?
Got anything planned for the first mods?

🤤 That is a good looking truck! Decided to go all out for the duramax?
Got anything planned for the first mods?
Thanks my friend! The resale on the D-Max was the deciding factor. This will be my first diesel so I have zero ideas, but I am open to some from those that understand what I can do that won't cost crazy $$$. Beyond the typical mud guards, bug deflectors and tonneau covers, haven't really thought much about it. I know that Banks is making some great stuff for this engine, but will be very pricey if I had to guess.

Last edited:
Thanks my friend! The resale on the D-Max was the deciding factor. This will be my first diesel so I have zero ideas, but I am open to some from those that understand what I can do that won't cost crazy $$$. Beyond the typical mud guards, bug deflectors and tonneau covers, haven't really thought much about it. I know that Banks is making some great stuff for this enhance, but will be very pricey if I had to guess.
The Banks I - Dash is a great gauge that plugs into the USB port. The I - Dash will monitor just about every function on the engine. No real break in required on a diesel. I doubt you'll ever see high EGT's since there are not many long climbs in Florida. Run it hard it will love it. I remember there are some good climbs up in Appalachia. We always tied to keep EGT temps at 1200 or less, depending om where the sensor is mounted. After a long climb if you see a high EGT just let it idle foe a bit. Diesels drop Exhaust temps quickly. You will love the power!!

I am having some serious FOMO seeing all these HD orders. We welcomed our first child 2 weeks ago so my truck purchasing / mods are on a hiatus.
Congratulations my friend...that is awesome news and I am very happy for you and your family. May God Bless you all and keep you healthy!

It's always something. Got a Trail Boss and LOVED it. Refresh interior came out a year later and prices holding so upgraded to ZR2 and never looked back. Now these HDs are staring me in the face and I have absolutely no need for one but they look amazing!!! Congrats. It's a great looking ride.

It's always something. Got a Trail Boss and LOVED it. Refresh interior came out a year later and prices holding so upgraded to ZR2 and never looked back. Now these HDs are staring me in the face and I have absolutely no need for one but they look amazing!!! Congrats. It's a great looking ride.
I know...right?

As soon as I heard the autoworkers were going on strike, I thought "my truck should be worth more soon and I can probably flip it again". I love my ZR2 and have plans on improving it but the thought is always there to turn it over!!!
That is my hope as well my friend. Regardless, I am excited to get a loaded 2500 ZR2 :love:

Shifter back on the column. Wonder why? Certainly gives more room in the center console area.

Reactions: AXE
The big duramax is a beast, I think you’ll like it. The HDs are all around bigger and heavier but the massive power makes it really move. And like you say you won’t have any trouble selling it when you’re ready for the next.

It will be interesting to hear what your impressions are going straight from the 1500 to the HD in the same zr2 trim.

Shifter back on the column. Wonder why? Certainly gives more room in the center console area.
It's always been on the column for the HDs, also no paddle shifters, manual is on the column shift. If you gave the HD guys that console shift, they'd lose their shit.

The thing I'm most excited for on my HD is to have my coffee mug back in the right spot.........suck it GMC buyers yours has the brake control there!

The thing I'm least excited about is only 475 HP. My last Duramax pushed 515-535 HP and I could light up 35 MTs rolling on when the turbo spooled out.

OK...so maybe a "slight" change in plans here :) It appears that my dealer buddy has three BLACK 2500HD ZR2 Bison's coming in soon...hopefully. Two are identical in options and the third without the power retractable step. I want the step so that takes me down to two. The cost is about $9500 more than the one I placed on order and it has far more than what I really want or need (sunroof as an example plus the Bison package which I really didn't want/need). My buddy is willing to sell me this truck for just over $88K (Supplier is $90,612) so I said what the hell and locked it down so I have first right of refusal upon delivery. I have attached the build below. It is showing in 3800 status now and I'll get another update in a few weeks. It was built the week of September 25.

Am I crazy? Stupid? Both? My wife would say all three :ROFLMAO:

ZR2 2500HD Bison.jpg

I like having a negotiating position! The more inventory, the better negotiating. Definitely a lot of ZR2s within 250 miles of you.

Tell your buddy I want that same deal and we'll take two. I'll fly and buy. I still think max I'm getting discounted is $5k, and it might not be that.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back