KN black and Borla ATAK CAT

Pitcherman22

Reaction score
I’m looking at a KN Blackhawk and a Borla ATAK cat back for my 2023 . Any recommendations? Also, anyone change exhaust tips from the OEM dumps?

Any performance gains?
prob more free flowing than Touring and "S" type but i would think you would need a dyno for those numbers. im gonna say they would not be that noticeable. do yourself a favor and use search in forum for exhaust info. tons if info from members and the routes they took. sound is subjective too!!! good luck and report back.

Reactions: AXE
I’m looking at a KN Blackhawk and a Borla ATAK cat back for my 2023 . Any recommendations? Also, anyone change exhaust tips from the OEM dumps?
If you want different tips and all, the new Corsa may be the way to go. A couple guys did that recently and posted about it.

Thanks! All are expensive so I want to make sure it’s the right choice.
Any thought on the crate muffler ATAK option vs cat back?

Thanks! All are expensive so I want to make sure it’s the right choice.
Any thought on the crate muffler ATAK option vs cat back?
crate of course is cheaper, nothing wrong with that. everybody has a different budget. cat back systems may give you wider diameter pipes. also better materials. go on youtube and listen to all the different borla mufflers. im sure other manufacturers can be found too.

Reactions: AXE
Thanks!
Wanted to send to Hennessy for the Goliath 650 but dealer said all powertrain warranties would be voided. Any experience with this?

Stay away from the K&N...totally worthless! Look at both the Borla and Corsa cat back systems. The ATAK is VERY loud. I love my Corsa!

Thanks for the input. What CAI is everyone having success with?
Any CAI you buy won't do much of anything for performance. Are you looking for "looks"? Additional engine sound? Folks like S&B, but to me a CAI is a huge waste of money. The OEM airbox is actually very good. Drop a dry AEM filter in there and call it a day. You can also do an Airaid Jr. kit like I did to clean up the engine bay. It also keeps the MAF sensor in its stock position.

ZR2 Airbox2.jpg

Nice…
I’m looking for engine and exhaust sound. The ATAK is loud but the S Type is a bit too quiet.

Nice…
I’m looking for engine and exhaust sound. The ATAK is loud but the S Type is a bit too quiet.
If you are hell bent on a CAI, get one with a sealed air box. Look at the Corsa cat back I put on my truck. If the ATAK is too loud and the S-type to tame, you are in a bit of a pickle.

Nice…
The Borla S on my 6.2 is pretty aggressive compared to the Borla S on my 5.3. Especially on cold start.

I’ll go back and listen to the S. We live in a neighborhood so maybe that’s a better option.
You might not pick up the cold start from the video but there has been a few mentions on the forum, just wanted you to be aware of it before you purchased.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back