LED taillights?

tpp1971

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Zr2 Bison. Do I have LED taillights? Not sure how to tell.

Yes, all ZR2s have LED tailights, it should show on the built sheet/window sticker. Although for some reason the reverse lights are not LED 🤷

Exactly. That’s what confused me. Am thinking about ordering blacked out aftermarket tail lights but decided what the hell. I’ll try this. Worst case I’ll order the new ones.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 53
Please post some pictures when you get them installed, I think smoked lights will look much better than stock.

I’m not sure why GM left the reverse as the only incandescent in the housing, probably someone’s bright idea

Please post some pictures when you get them installed, I think smoked lights will look much better than stock.

I’m not sure why GM left the reverse as the only incandescent in the housing, probably someone’s bright idea
Cost...the bean counters penny pinch everything. I replaced mine with high quality LEDs and they look and illuminate far better than stock for a small price. Install took all but 5 minutes per side.

Exactly. That’s what confused me. Am thinking about ordering blacked out aftermarket tail lights but decided what the hell. I’ll try this. Worst case I’ll order the new ones.
excellent job!! looks good

I’m not allowed to make this mod in Georgia.

All ZR2s have LED tail lights except for the Reverse and tag lights. FWIW you can replace those easily. I've posted about it on here, so have others. Should show up in a search. Tons of options on bulbs from bright to stupid bright. They aren't expensive. My tag lights are borderline too bright honestly lol. You are pretty brave doing that. The OEM tail light assembly is pretty expensive. I think they are 400 each or something around there. OEM Headlights are over a grand each. I just know cause I've seen a few posts about people breaking them. I was a bit surprised at the price.

LED police suck!!
Guess I should have checked on that in Oregon. 😂 But as @securityguy has pointed out I’m not the brightest bulb on the shelf. That being said I’m happy how they turned out. I did order a new 3rd brake light from Recon. Not happy with how that turned out. I’ll likely order new tail lights at some point too.

Attachments

• IMG_1893.jpeg
    IMG_1893.jpeg
    421.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Guess I should have checked on that in Oregon. 😂 But as @securityguy has pointed out I’m not the brightest bulb on the shelf. That being said I’m happy how they turned out. I did order a new 3rd brake light from Recon. Not happy with how that turned out. I’ll likely order new tail lights at some point too.
It's all good my friend. There's a TON of stuff I don't know either...just ask my wife ;)

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back