Leveling Kit

Chopper ZR2

Reaction score

Good Afternoon,​

New ZR2 owner here,

Anyone have experience installing this option for leveling the ZR2? Fitment indicates it would fit a 2023.

ReadyLIFT Plus 1.75" Leveling Kit :: 2019-2022 Silverado 1500 Trail Boss 4WD​

Fitment:2022-2023|Chevrolet|Silverado 1500|ZR2|V8 6.2L

Good Afternoon,​

New ZR2 owner here,

Anyone have experience installing this option for leveling the ZR2? Fitment indicates it would fit a 2023.

ReadyLIFT Plus 1.75" Leveling Kit :: 2019-2022 Silverado 1500 Trail Boss 4WD​

Fitment:2022-2023|Chevrolet|Silverado 1500|ZR2|V8 6.2L

Strange that a seller's website would contradict a manufacture's website info. I'm assuming your reference is from PhastekPerformance. Their site seems to be the only one I could find that references the 66-3921 kit fitting the ZR2. ReadyLift and most other sites say it won't fit the ZR2.

I had contacted ReadyLIft a few months back. I was told they were testing parts, but had nothing available for the consumer.
Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 3.52.00 PM.png

Just curious as I have never done this...why would anyone want to do this??? Is it solely to eliminate the rake from front to rear? Do folks think the truck looks that bad stock? Thanks
To each his own but typically it’s for a couple reasons, remove the rake as some folks hate that look and/or to to clear a wheel/tire setup they are trying to achieve.

Rake not bad at all in these trucks but will have a leveling kit installed when the proper one is available, would like to try 35" tires. Firestone bags installed so rake (or lack there of) becomes irrelevant.

As someone who has uca failure on my TB, I’m staying far away from any leveling kit that doesn’t include new control arms.
This is my issue as well. Kits all fit great but the key is finding the right and GOOD UCA to use on it. On another forum I'm in the parts guy from GM dealership said the stock UCA's are very brittle and wouldn't hold up long with a level added.

A lot of companies are using a strut preload spacer to limit over extension of the suspension, in addition to an upper or lower bolt on spacer.
Using only a spacer allows the control arm to hit the spring and eventually the cast aluminum arm to break.
The upper control arm has been a GM issue for all of their trucks.
I contacted a few companies and it looks like ETA for ZR2 kits to hit shelfs should be around march.

As someone who has uca failure on my TB, I’m staying far away from any leveling kit that doesn’t include new control arms.
I think I’m having this issue. I told the local shop that I needed UCAs with the level and they insisted that I didn’t. They also said I don’t need to regear for 35s but now I even hit a speed bump and my front end sounds AWFUL. I’m kinda afraid to drive it. I took it back to them and they basically said it’s not their problem that it might be a factory defect. The truck is a year old.
Can you tell me what happened with yours? I’m trying to figure out what all I’m gonna have to replace.

Last edited:
A reputable shop will lift the truck via the frame and get the front end off the ground. Then with leverage check to ensure there is no movement - ball joints, tie rods, knuckles, etc. It’s been my experience, If you level a truck, it may very well feel different or even bad suspension wise and it will put more stress on front end components.

Re-gearing, I have no idea, don’t a lot of wheel and tire changes in my day and never re-geared anything nor had any issues in this department so can’t weigh in here but seems like a stretch to re-gear? Outside my wheelhouse though, I suspect others around can help here.

A reputable shop will lift the truck via the frame and get the front end off the ground. Then with leverage check to ensure there is no movement - ball joints, tie rods, knuckles, etc. It’s been my experience, If you level a truck, it may very well feel different or even bad suspension wise and it will put more stress on front end components.

Re-gearing, I have no idea, don’t a lot of wheel and tire changes in my day and never re-geared anything nor had any issues in this department so can’t weigh in here but seems like a stretch to re-gear? Outside my wheelhouse though, I suspect others around can help here.
Thanks! Yeah the sound is much worse than normal. I’ve done levels and lifts many times. The zR2 is different and not a lot of info out there. Guys in this thread are saying that if you only put a leveling spacer, it will break the control arm and I’m afraid that’s what happened here and I’m wondering what else it has the possibility of damaging because it sounds like the front end is gonna fall off when I hit a speed bump or anything of that size That causes a range of motion on the front suspension more than just a slight bump

I would put a set of Cognito arms on and see if it gets better. May want to try a different shop if they can't properly diagnose and fix it.

Last edited:
When I did my level, I installed Cognito ball joint upper control arms. They are less expensive to the Peak UCA and if the ball joint wears out, it can easily be replaced.
IMG_6416.jpeg

As for the sound you’re hearing, it may be coming from the sway bar end link. When reassembling everything the shop may have thought they got everything tight, but the end links may be just ever so slightly loose.

Reactions: AXE

Getting ready to add my Peak 2.25" level and some bigger rims and tires. My buddy did the same to his and definitely recommends getting it regeared once putting the 35's on. Said it didn't take long at the dealership.

Getting ready to add my Peak 2.25" level and some bigger rims and tires. My buddy did the same to his and definitely recommends getting it regeared once putting the 35's on. Said it didn't take long at the dealership.
Not sure I’m following…are you talking about tuning to account for the tire size difference and speedometer? Regearing isn’t a quick dealership thing, unless I’m misunderstanding the context?

Not sure I’m following…are you talking about tuning to account for the tire size difference and speedometer? Regearing isn’t a quick dealership thing, unless I’m misunderstanding the context?
Sorry, yes that is what I'm talking about. Sorry

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back