Long time Stalker, First time Poster!

Reaction score
Hey ZR2 Fam - So much great info on this forum! Thank you all for posting your projects and being quick to reply to inquiries.

I have a 2022 Silverado ZR2 in the north Austin area. So far I have:

- installed Recon smoked red tail lights
- PPF front facing
- ceramic coating
- Swapped chrome badges for black and red OEM
- RetraxPro XR bed cover
- LED License Plate lights

Things I am looking to do:

- Install leveling lift (Ready Lift 1.5" or Peak Suspension 2.25" front/1" back)
- Larger Tires (35" x 12.5" ideally but worried about the amount of cutting)
- new Wheels (so many options and need to determine offset)
- Exhaust (trying to decide btwn Borla Touring vs Sport) - Any input here from owners?
- Black Lug Nuts

Here are some pictures of badge swap this past weekend. Was really close to just leaving the bowtie on the back but ended up putting the SILVERADO and ZR2 badges on. Might take them off later. I think it looks really clean without them on there. I have ordered Hyperdip (shadow black) and plan on blacking out the chrome on front and rear flowtie/bowtie this weekend.

Open to any suggestions. \m/

Attachments

• IMG_1125.jpeg
    IMG_1125.jpeg
    464.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1148.jpeg
    IMG_1148.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1149.jpeg
    IMG_1149.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1146.jpeg
    IMG_1146.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1144.jpeg
    IMG_1144.jpeg
    448.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1143.jpeg
    IMG_1143.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1141.jpeg
    IMG_1141.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1140.jpeg
    IMG_1140.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1139.jpeg
    IMG_1139.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Excellent! Looks like you got some good stuff installed.

There are a few guys making 35s work. I barely got my 295s at 34.5 inches to work with some trimming and no lift, but it looks good.

I dumped that rear bowtie on both of mine and it looks great with a clean black tailgate.

Attachments

• 20231231_190558.jpg
    20231231_190558.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 24
Hey ZR2 Fam - So much great info on this forum! Thank you all for posting your projects and being quick to reply to inquiries.

- PPF front facing
- ceramic coating
- RetraxPro XR bed cover

- Install leveling lift (Ready Lift 1.5" or Peak Suspension 2.25" front/1" back)
- Exhaust (trying to decide btwn Borla Touring vs Sport) - Any input hear from owners?
- Black Lug Nuts

Here are some pictures of badge swap this past weekend. Was really close to just leaving the bowtie on the back but ended up putting the SILVERADO and ZR2 badges on. Might take them off later. I think it looks really clean without them on there. I have ordered Hyperdip (shadow black) and plan on blacking out the chrome on front and rear flowtie/bowtie this weekend.

Look at the Corsa exhaust as well...AWESOME!

- PPF front facing
- ceramic coating
- RetraxPro XR bed cover

- Exhaust (trying to decide btwn Borla Touring vs Sport) - Any input hear from owners?
- Black Lug Nuts

welcome..nice rig. tons of info on exhaust choices.

Excellent! Looks like you got some good stuff installed.

There are a few guys making 35s work. I barely got my 295s at 34.5 inches to work with some trimming and no lift, but it looks good.

I dumped that rear bowtie on both of mine and it looks great with a clean black tailgate.
That does look really nice and clean!

Welcome aboard Snells... nice looking rig. Just got here not long ago myself. For the exhaust the Borla is a good option, but Im with securityguy on this. Corsa is the way to fly if your looking for the best sound and no drone. I have the sport version on my car (7.0 LS without cats) and its amazing.

Welcome aboard Snells... nice looking rig. Just got here not long ago myself. For the exhaust the Borla is a good option, but Im with securityguy on this. Corsa is the way to fly if your looking for the best sound and no drone. I have the sport version on my car (7.0 LS without cats) and its amazing.
Thanks for the welcome Conch! I need to hear some of these exhausts in person. I know I want more than what the stock exhaust provides, but I also don’t want something that is pissing off the culdesac everytime I fire her up. Something deep and throaty but not too loud.

Mitz hit the nail on the head with the S Type cold start. Luckily my neighbors don't seem to mind, or they haven't complained yet. lol I had the Touring and it was defiantly an upgrade over stock but for what it cost, it was lacking in my mind. @ZR2NYC hooked me up with a S Type and I couldn't be happier. Lots and lots of youtube videos floating around with comparisons. I also uploaded some videos in my media comparing the Touring and S Type.

Hey, I have Borla S type. In process of downgrading to the touring. S type sounds amazing while driving, cold start was way too much for my neighbors lol. Trying to figure out what to do with this S type.
That is what I am afraid of. Was leaning towards the Touring, but then my thought is whether or not there is a big enough difference btwn stock exhaust and Borla Touring to justify the $2kish?

Mitz hit the nail on the head with the S Type cold start. Luckily my neighbors don't seem to mind, or they haven't complained yet. lol I had the Touring and it was defiantly an upgrade over stock but for what it cost, it was lacking in my mind. @ZR2NYC hooked me up with a S Type and I couldn't be happier. Lots and lots of youtube videos floating around with comparisons. I also uploaded some videos in my media comparing the Touring and S Type.
Will definitely check out the videos of the comparison! What category in your media do you have then loaded under?

Thanks for the welcome Conch! I need to hear some of these exhausts in person. I know I want more than what the stock exhaust provides, but I also don’t want something that is pissing off the culdesac everytime I fire her up. Something deep and throaty but not too loud.
i swapped the S for Touring because of Cul-de-sac issues.

Hey, I have Borla S type. In process of downgrading to the touring. S type sounds amazing while driving, cold start was way too much for my neighbors lol. Trying to figure out what to do with this S type.
maybe @bruss has twin. he fully supports the "S" type. murica!!

Most Member Reactions

Back