Long time Stalker, First time Poster!

Thanks for the welcome Conch! I need to hear some of these exhausts in person. I know I want more than what the stock exhaust provides, but I also don’t want something that is pissing off the culdesac everytime I fire her up. Something deep and throaty but not too loud.
You can hear my S Type if you listen closely. I live in Round Rock...

So you think the Corsa is more subtle than the Borla S-Type?
i wish i knew more about Corsa. @securityguy is your go to. i can tell you this, the stock exhaust on our Zr2 gasser is horribly anemic and an embarrassment for what the truck is imo. i installed GM borla kit that comes with S type. it was over the top for me. Borla cust service is top notch and hooked me up with Touring swap. sound is subjective so its tough and youtube vids are not exact. i think Touring is one solid step above stock.....zero drone. very healthy. good luck.

maybe reach out to @bruss ...he is now an S type card carrying member and standup guy.
I checked out brass’ media videos of the direct comparison and that gives you a good idea of how they compare. Like you said, so subjective and audio through phone speakers isn’t the best representation unfortunately.

I checked out brass’ media videos of the direct comparison and that gives you a good idea of how they compare. Like you said, so subjective and audio through phone speakers isn’t the best representation unfortunately.
i really wish there was a definitive answer as exhausts are a popular mod here and it can be somewhat costly depending on route you take. go with your gut i say...one thing is for sure, anything is better than stock.

I have an S-type on a 6.2 and at cold start it's loud but I like it. My neighbors are all older and hard of hearing so we are still friends.

Driving around is not loud at all only when you get on it.

I have an S-type on a 6.2 and at cold start it's loud but I like it. My neighbors are all older and hard of hearing so we are still friends.

Driving around is not loud at all only when you get on it.
All my old neighbors have moved on and now I’m surrounded by toddlers. Leaning towards Touring mainly for that reason

Last edited:
Just do what I did. Buy the Touring set up and give it a try. Hit up @Mitz to give you a good deal on the S-Type like @ZR2NYC did for me so you will have both! I am hanging on to the Touring set up just in case down the road I want to quite things down a bit.

I did the same thing with my old Cummins. Had 5" turbo back with a 30" straight through muffler. It sounded great but I wanted more so I got a delete pipe and ran it straight pipe for a few years. Got tired of it and put the muffler back in lol. I like to have options.

Just do what I did. Buy the Touring set up and give it a try. Hit up @Mitz to give you a good deal on the S-Type like @ZR2NYC did for me so you will have both! I am hanging on to the Touring set up just in case down the road I want to quite things down a bit.

I did the same thing with my old Cummins. Had 5" turbo back with a 30" straight through muffler. It sounded great but I wanted more so I got a delete pipe and ran it straight pipe for a few years. Got tired of it and put the muffler back in lol. I like to have options.
I give my neighbors a variety each morning. Sometimes it’s the ZR2 with the Borla S, other days it’s the Harley with the stage 3.

Lot's of arm waving about exhaust systems on this forum. Lot's of guys spending $2k to cut out $1500 worth of exceptional pipe.

You want to spend less and get more, the only logical conclusion is the Magnaflow from Hottexhaust.com. I think I posted a thread about it with pictures and sound clips. But I can't hear you over the sweet sound of my 6.2L

Lot's of arm waving about exhaust systems on this forum. Lot's of guys spending $2k to cut out $1500 worth of exceptional pipe.

You want to spend less and get more, the only logical conclusion is the Magnaflow from Hottexhaust.com. I think I posted a thread about it with pictures and sound clips. But I can't hear you over the sweet sound of my 6.2L
i disagree. i had no problem spending 2k and on my full system. to each his own. its what i wanted and didnt think twice about scrapping GM stock crap.

@AXE everyone on the forum knows you have cherry bombs
Had em on a 75 IH truck in high school and that thing sounded great.

My boys put them on their Taco, sounded pretty good for 6 cylinder......LOL

Attachments

• 20220618_192116.jpg
    20220618_192116.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 3

Most Member Reactions

Back