Multi-Flex Tailgate

ZR2BOSS

Reaction score
I am currently awaiting for my Chevy ZR2 to arrive in Mid July in Texas. The DEALER is telling me that not all ZR2 come with the Multi-flex tailgate, that the location where the ZR2 is coming from is at "Max Cap" for the Multi-Flex tailgate. Has anyone else heard of this? He also said, that I could receive the truck first then place an order for the Multi-Flex?

It had to be ordered with the multi flex, it is a 445 dollar add on. They do not all have it

I originally had a multi-flex on my build sheet, but was then told I needed to remove it if I wanted the truck sooner than later. So I had the dealership remove the option. So yes... it is not standard equipment, and furthermore, it is not always available as an option either.

Mine does have the electric tailgate open button inside and on the key fob, even without the multi-flex tailgate.

Is the electric tailgate standard if you don’t get a multiflex?

It is an option.

1656651407837.png

My brother has one, I'd pay $445 not to have it I'm glad it's not standard equipment in the ZR2.

If you haven't messed with one check it out you might prefer not to have it.
I picked mine up yesterday. Found one on the other side of the state. The local dealer had already ordered one that had the multi flex. The one I picked up did not. I was a little bummed at first. When I got there yesterday to pick up, the dealer there had told me they order all of theirs without. I trail a flats boat. He showed me why they order the way they do. When the multi flex folds down it can hit the trailer hitch. They do make a cap for it. I am actually happy with it.

I picked mine up yesterday. Found one on the other side of the state. The local dealer had already ordered one that had the multi flex. The one I picked up did not. I was a little bummed at first. When I got there yesterday to pick up, the dealer there had told me they order all of theirs without. I trail a flats boat. He showed me why they order the way they do. When the multi flex folds down it can hit the trailer hitch. They do make a cap for it. I am actually happy with it.
You can actually lockout the inner tailgate from operating if you have a trailer hitch or are actively towing so it doesn't open and bang into anything. The instructions are actually on a label inside the tailgate frame... push and hold the inner tailgate button for three seconds to lock it out, repeat to unlock it. I have it, it's a pretty nice feature for a guy with football knees to get in and out of the bed lol...

I use the multi-flex more then I ever thought I would.

It’s fantastic as benchseat for tailgating. It makes ingress and egress much easier with the added ride height of these trucks. Definitely one of my favorite boxes I checked.

I use the multi-flex more then I ever thought I would.

It’s fantastic as benchseat for tailgating. It makes ingress and egress much easier with the added ride height of these trucks. Definitely one of my favorite boxes I checked.

Same. I always thought it was gimmicky until I actually played around with one. I ordered it on my Trail Boss and I have used the heck out of it. It's my favorite newer option by far.

If there is anyone out there that doesn’t like the multiflex tailgate, I would love to have it. I had it on my last GMC but the ZR2 didn’t come with it because the dealer didn’t order it and it was much shorter to take the order than order another one. Could you plug and play a multiflex for a regular one?

I have the same question, can you add the multiflex tailgate aftermarket?

My 2500 ZR2 was ordered without the multi flex tailgate. The electric assist on closing is a very nice feature when you have something heavy in your hands and you can use your arm or shoulder to start it going up and it closes by itself.

Most Member Reactions

Back