Multiflex

Tonyh764

Reaction score
My inner tailgate does not lock! Sticker on tailgate shows that you hold the top button for 3 seconds and it inhibits the top gate from dropping. Mine just unlocks
I know you are supposed to have the key fob within 3 feet. Anyone else have this issue or are they just slapping stickers on all the multiflex tailgates regardless if the functionality is there?

It should definitely be there. At least, it's there on the 22 non-refresh trucks. I've tested it and it does work.

I have not gotten a 2022 refresh truck with the multiflex tailgate yet so I haven't tested it on one of those yet.

My inner tailgate does not lock! Sticker on tailgate shows that you hold the top button for 3 seconds and it inhibits the top gate from dropping. Mine just unlocks
I know you are supposed to have the key fob within 3 feet. Anyone else have this issue or are they just slapping stickers on all the multiflex tailgates regardless if the functionality is there?
I have 2 buttons on mine. One for the inner tailgate (top) and the bottom for the tailgate as a whole. Do you not have 2 buttons?

Yes i do, if u hold the top for 3 seconds it should lock the top so that it cannot be deployed.

I have 2 buttons on mine. One for the inner tailgate (top) and the bottom for the tailgate as a whole. Do you not have 2 buttons?
Yes i do. Should be able to hold the top button for 3 seconds and it locks the inner gate and keeps it from deploying

Mine won’t deploy unless I hit the top button.
Right… but there is a way to lock that button out in case you have a hitch installed, or any reason. Should be a sticker on the inside sides of your tailgate showing you how

Mine does the same thing. Holding it for 3 seconds only unlocks it. I cannot find a way to lock the multiflex inner.

Btw, I had two different dealers tell me people eventually have problems with loose and squeaky multi-flexes, so I ordered power up and down instead. Heard anything like that?

Has anybody came up with a solution? Mind does the same thing?

My lock out also doesn't work. Already have a nice little dimple in mine too because of it lol

Mine doesn’t work either. Must be a thing on the new trucks.

Sorry to here that, I’m surprised that nobody knows how to correct it, rather not go dealer

My lockout doesn't work either. I'm not leaving a hitch in the receiver when I'm not towing until I can make it work... one brain fart when I open the inner gate & hits my hitch will be a bummer!

Btw, I had two different dealers tell me people eventually have problems with loose and squeaky multi-flexes, so I ordered power up and down instead. Heard anything like that?
It’s easily my favorite option I checked. The staircase to the bed is fantastic as is the quick access for smaller items. Especially for short F’s like myself.

I use the piss out of it.

It’s easily my favorite option I checked. The staircase to the bed is fantastic as is the quick access for smaller items. Especially for short F’s like myself.

I use the piss out of it.
I couldn't agree more. They were on constraint when I ordered my truck. I said meh never had one so I won't miss it. Truck I ended up with has it. Absolutely love it and I use it constantly. Game changer if you work out of your truck or have a bed rack.

Mine does not lock either when I hold top button down (with key fob near). It just unlocks every time I try it.

I am having same issue, I pulled fuse, disconnect battery with no luck, back to the dealer.Appears no solutions yet

There is no lock on every refresh truck that I've tested. I think they left this feature off of the refresh. Maybe the 2023 will have it.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back