New Forum Member here.

Onyxzr2

Reaction score
Hey all, Ive finished wrapping my truck. Took me like 4 weekends. First time wrapper. Been looking at videos on youtube for months and decided to take on the task! it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be but i definitely learned as I completed each panel. Anyways, hope y'all like the pics. Btw, i made a Instagram with some pics and the progress i did with the wrap @Onyxzr2

Attachments

• OynxZr2-29.jpg
    OynxZr2-29.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 125
  • OynxZr2-12.jpg
    OynxZr2-12.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 92
  • OynxZr2-36-s.jpg
    OynxZr2-36-s.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 91
  • OynxZr2-10-s.jpg
    OynxZr2-10-s.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 94
  • OynxZr2-4-s.jpg
    OynxZr2-4-s.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 95
Hey all, Ive finished wrapping my truck. Took me like 4 weekends. First time wrapper. Been looking at videos on youtube for months and decided to take on the task! it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be but i definitely learned as I completed each panel. Anyways, hope y'all like the pics. Btw, i made a Instagram with some pics and the progress i did with the wrap @Onyxzr2
Love it! The red on the mirrors looks great!

Wow that looks great. I’ve never done a wrap. How long do they hold up for? Does it peel off if it gets scratched?

Wow that looks great. I’ve never done a wrap. How long do they hold up for? Does it peel off if it gets scratched?
Well, it depends on what brand you use ans how well you install it. Im happy with my install, i did a full coverage, but it was a lot of work. Took me a pretty good time as i did it alone and was leaning as i did it. But yes, it scratches easier than a regular paint, more so the matte and satin finishes....i actually just scratched mine today 🤦🏼‍♂️. Im still waiting to put the ceramic coating. I also will put some PPF in strategic places. Overall, if you have the patience and the willingness, you can do it yourself. I watched tons of videos and had most of the tools in hand already from previous projects. The film/wrap cost me $750, maybe $20 in tools. The PPF (that i havent added yet) cost me $220, and the ceramic coating will cost like $100. Overall, i like the challenge and the cost savings. If i could do it again, i think i wouldn't need to remove so many parts, i couldve tucked in the wrap. Overall, our silverado truck isnt hard to do, not much angles etc... its pretty easy other than the hood and tailights, those were the hardest parts for me.

Most Member Reactions

Back