New member from CA

Leon L

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Been following for a while, decided to join. I picked up a 2024 HD gasser as a Christmas present for myself to finally replace my 01 HD that was stolen a few years ago. I had only indented to look, as a local dealer finally got a gas one in, and pretty much decided if it was still there when I got a few things in order I would get it. Love it except for one annoying issue, the driver side mirror doesn't always return to normal after I back up. When I take it for the first oil change, I will bring it up then.
Pic is a little blurry, camera's been having some issues, but that was about a week after I got it. Between scouts and hunting season, I hope to get many more trips to the woods with it.

Attachments

• 20240106_100848.jpg
    20240106_100848.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 30
Hello Everyone. Been following for a while, decided to join. I picked up a 2024 HD gasser as a Christmas present for myself to finally replace my 01 HD that was stolen a few years ago. I had only indented to look, as a local dealer finally got a gas one in, and pretty much decided if it was still there when I got a few things in order I would get it. Love it except for one annoying issue, the driver side mirror doesn't always return to normal after I back up. When I take it for the first oil change, I will bring it up then.
Pic is a little blurry, camera's been having some issues, but that was about a week after I got it. Between scouts and hunting season, I hope to get many more trips to the woods with it.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: AXE
Looks like a good hunting companion. They are full of electronic quirks and annoyances. Sometimes they fix themselves, sometimes it a trip or two to the dealer.

Welcome!!

Mine does the same when going from R to D, I just hit my #1 memory button and it goes to the programmed position. A bit annoying but I learned to lower my standards a few noches
Thanks for the quick tip, I never thought about doing that.

There are some strange minor issues with automatic mirror deployment and retraction. You will think you have a setting wrong, then figure out, no, it just doesn't exactly work as designed in some scenarios. Hopefully they fix some things. Try this one to see if it is still an issue in the 2024. Turn Auto Door Lock off, Passive door lock on, and set mirror deployment retraction to On. Drive it. (important that you actually put it in gear). Park, get out and walk away. 2023 model; doors lock, but mirrors will not retract. However, if two doors open and close, they will retract. Odd minor glitch, but makes you think you have a setting wrong. Auto door lock set to drivers door or all doors and it works as designed.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back