GO2JAIL

Reaction score
I stumbled on this forum while researching the L87 lifter issue. I'm trying to buy a 2023 ZR2 but ultimately the lifter issue might be a deal breaker. I found a 2022 on a dealer lot. It has 22K miles and when I pulled the CarFax, it said the "engine was replaced". I pressed the salesman for an explanation and he gave me the TSB for the cam and lifter replacement. I really like these trucks but at this point, it seems more like a gamble.....
I called Holley and asked them about their Range Technology PFM delete that plugs into the ALDL but they don't make one for the 2023 L87 yet. I really want one of these trucks......
Anyway, I'll be around doing more research.
Thanks!

Welcome. The Range DFM delete really won't prevent the issue. The only way would be a physical delete. That said, the issue is real but likely overblown. Personally I did not let this stop me from making the purchase, but I did add mechanical breakdown insurance.

Reactions: AXE
Welcome. The Range DFM delete really won't prevent the issue. The only way would be a physical delete. That said, the issue is real but likely overblown. Personally I did not let this stop me from making the purchase, but I did add mechanical breakdown insurance.
Thanks. I love the trucks but will be proceeding with caution.

I stumbled on this forum while researching the L87 lifter issue. I'm trying to buy a 2023 ZR2 but ultimately the lifter issue might be a deal breaker. I found a 2022 on a dealer lot. It has 22K miles and when I pulled the CarFax, it said the "engine was replaced". I pressed the salesman for an explanation and he gave me the TSB for the cam and lifter replacement. I really like these trucks but at this point, it seems more like a gamble.....
I called Holley and asked them about their Range Technology PFM delete that plugs into the ALDL but they don't make one for the 2023 L87 yet. I really want one of these trucks......
Anyway, I'll be around doing more research.
Thanks!
It's a low % of vehicles with motor and lifter problems. You can mitigate that by buying the 3.0L diesel.

Just got this ZR2 Duramax put 35” with 1/4” spacers and rubbing all over so going to have to cut some plastic to stop it. Up here Muskoka Only around. Will black out the Duramax maybe even the skid plate. Carbon intake PPE and the Banks pedal monster plus gauge next. Anyone know of anything to increase mileage. Yes I know the big tires are not great but looks before mileage for me. Also I put the Carlink to watch Netflix and YouTube and love it!!

@echosoundrosseaualchemy if you need anything fixed or built in Muskoka.

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    387.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2760.jpeg
    IMG_2760.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2758.jpeg
    IMG_2758.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2753.jpeg
    IMG_2753.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    687 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2748.jpeg
    IMG_2748.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: AXE
Just got this ZR2 Duramax put 35” with 1/4” spacers and rubbing all over so going to have to cut some plastic to stop it. Up here Muskoka Only around. Will black out the Duramax maybe even the skid plate. Carbon intake PPE and the Banks pedal monster plus gauge next. Anyone know of anything to increase mileage. Yes I know the big tires are not great but looks before mileage for me. Also I put the Carlink to watch Netflix and YouTube and love it!!

Here’s pics of the Trail Boss I traded in. I really like the exterior style of it. What do you think? First pic just for your entertainment

Attachments

• 58DC6301-B4BA-478D-B1FF-A83DDE57E529.jpeg
    58DC6301-B4BA-478D-B1FF-A83DDE57E529.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    559.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    636.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1742.jpeg
    IMG_1742.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2768.jpeg
    IMG_2768.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    818.7 KB · Views: 31
Someone posted a poll on here asking about lifter failure. Very low percentage of buyers actually experience that.

Someone posted a poll on here asking about lifter failure. Very low percentage of buyers actually experience that.
Look for my poll I posted some time back…my intention was to show the low % actually vs scare people. You will find, while it can happen, it’s extremely low %.

Look for my poll I posted some time back…my intention was to show the low % actually vs scare people. You will find, while it can happen, it’s extremely low %.
Did. I've read every post on it. I guess I'm in the "scare people" category..... Thanks!

Check out my thread on trimming. It'll probably get you close. You may need the 2 inch lift to clear 35s.

Only way you'll get decent mileage is on the highway running under 70. I can get 18 mpg, but around town 13 mpg is a good day.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back