New member.

Mikefenner

Reaction score
Have owned several Chevrolet trucks and cars. Bought my ZR2 in December 2023. Absolutely love the truck, best truck I've ever owned. Has 27,000 miles on it, unfortunately its in the shop. GM is putting a new motor in it. Rod/ bearing failure. It's the 6.2.
Dealership said a few have had this problem. Something was over tightened inside the motor.

Have owned several Chevrolet trucks and cars. Bought my ZR2 in December 2023. Absolutely love the truck, best truck I've ever owned. Has 27,000 miles on it, unfortunately its in the shop. GM is putting a new motor in it. Rod/ bearing failure. It's the 6.2.
Dealership said a few have had this problem. Something was over tightened inside the motor.
you can use search here. lots of info.

Do you mean main crank bearing? If your rods have bearings failing we've got bigger problems than I thought.

Hopefully back on the road soon.

That's why I always run em in a little aggressive. I like to loosen them up!

Last edited:
Ummm, the rods have bearings where they connect to the crank, right?
Yeah that's right, I added "failing" to my question for clarification. I meant to imply that I thought the issue was with the main crank bearings failing on these motors? Which had mostly been resolved by replacing with a new motor. I hadn't heard the rod bearing before. Maybe it's both.

Theoretically, a bad rod bearing might be easy to fix because you can drop the pan and replace it. Assuming it's not "spun" which means the inner sleeve welded to the crank. If that's the case, you'd have to pull the entire crank and have it turned.

Last edited:
I just looked at Reddit and there were plenty of guys on there with failed rod bearings. Mostly lower mileage 19-21 models.

I think on this forum the couple issues previously reported were crank main bearings.

Either way, it's amazing it's still happening after 5 years.

Last edited:
All I can say is good luck. Mine has been at dealer since 1/2, needing engine. Welcome to the forum.

All I can say is good luck. Mine has been at dealer since 1/2, needing engine. Welcome to the forum.
That's the part that chaps my ass. They've rolled thousands of 6.2L vehicles off the line since then. There isn't a motor shortage, there's a priority shortage. Shiity customer service has ample supply.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back