Cypress

Reaction score
Just picked up a new Summit White 3.0 ZR2 and happy to join the club and learn more about this beast. I'm a former Raptor owner (2019) and looking forward to the change this truck brings along with some increased mileage. Very new to me still but I love it so far!

IMG_2828.jpg
IMG_2833.jpg

I was originally set on glacier blue but they were getting tougher to find and the ones that I did were either over equipped Bisons or the base with little to no options. I was taking a look at a lakeshore blue that had been sitting on their lot for several weeks when this summit white was unloaded from the carrier and spoke to me. Build date 02/24, hopefully she treats me well!

Last edited:
Just picked up a new Summit White 3.0 ZR2 and happy to join the club and learn more about this beast. I'm a former Raptor owner (2019) and looking forward to the change this truck brings along with some increased mileage. Very new to me still but I love it so far!

View attachment 12093View attachment 12094

I was originally set on glacier blue but they we getting tougher to find and the ones that were are either over equipped Bisons or the base with little to no options. I was taking a look at a lakeshore blue that had been sitting on their lot for several weeks when this one was unloaded from the carrier. Build date 02/24, hopefully she treats me well!
Welcome and enjoy your new ride.

Welcome to the ZR2Forum! Boy that truck sure looks familiar! ;)
This is the second 3.0 liter for me, a 21 LM2 in an RST that was also Summit White and now the LZ0 in the 24 ZR2.
I really love this engine in this truck, No DFM and averaging around 25.1 with a feather foot, I can't help but trying to hyper mile a bit.

Real_SideView.jpg

I was originally set on glacier blue but they we getting tougher to find and the ones that were are either over equipped Bisons or the base with little to no options. I was taking a look at a lakeshore blue that had been sitting on their lot for several weeks when this one was unloaded from the carrier. Build date 02/24, hopefully she treats me well!
welcome!!! good thing you didnt get glacier blue as the forum has reached the quota on that color. what mods are on the table?

welcome!!! good thing you didnt get glacier blue as the forum has reached the quota on that color. what mods are on the table?
So I've heard lol. No offense to the owner's but after seeing a glacier blue in person, it was a little...overwhelming. Blue is normally my go-to color but for some reason (getting older?) it popped a lot more than expected and looked different in photos. I probably would have gotten it anyway but it didn't have the multi-tailgate or sunroof along with the machined wheels and I much prefer the black.

This is my first white truck and I love the black contrast. Will start with a tonneau cover (likely the X4S as that seems to be a favorite here) followed by blacked out emblems and maybe the kicker sub.

So I've heard lol. No offense to the owner's but after seeing a glacier blue in person, it was a little...overwhelming. Blue is normally my go-to color but for some reason (getting older?) it popped a lot more than expected and looked different in photos. I probably would have gotten it anyway but it didn't have the multi-tailgate or sunroof along with the machined wheels and I much prefer the black.

This is my first white truck and I love the black contrast. Will start with a tonneau cover (likely the X4S as that seems to be a favorite here) followed by blacked out emblems and maybe the kicker sub.
Read my signature and get your wallet out ;)

glad you got a sense of humor and welcome once again. all good 1st mod choices. as @securityguy said, open that wallet!!!

Welcome to the group....Nice ride!

Great guys in here with tons of knowledge.

WELCOME! Sharp truck!

Thanks! 2 days of ownership and less than 100 miles and already throwing a check engine light...grrr :mad: Heading to the dealer tomorrow.
Sorry you are going through this, keep the faith, there are a ton of tiny issues that can pop up when they are new, most are a minor part has failed which is not that unusual for there to be some infant mortality as it finally starts it reality road life since manufacture, other times it is a simple re-flash or update to one of the myriad of mudules in these new ones.

Please keep us informed, don't forget to get full info on the diag codes that caused the check engine light, many here can give some info or advice on many, I doubt you are the first to have the issue happen, and going in knowledgable can help you navigate the service experience better. The one thing I will say is... you have a far better chance of getting great service if you are knowledgeable (thanks code readers and the internet) and you are nice and have some patience with them, not a pushover, but very nice. IMHO

By the way, are you following the break-in procedure in the owners manual?

Are you doing anything over and above that, i.e., I always constantly vary the throttle for those first 500-600 miles, so I never use cruise during that time, I also heat and then fully cool the engine/trans starting with shorter drives and then longer drives to slowly relieve the manufacturing stresses that the parts go through during manufacture and assembly, an analogy of which is like the annealing of ammo cases after the forming process, it makes the metal more sturdy and workable. I am also old school, I see no downside to an early oil change at between 500-1500 miles, it never hurts to remove that first heavy load of silicon and metal that occurs when things are getting to know one another inside the engine, all this can also help break-in the trans/diffs/transfer case etc. more gently.

Again, IMHO/YMMV

I called Onstar and they gave me the error code - P22FE - ECM - Engine System

"The Emissions System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Exhaust Emissions System which monitors and controls exhaust gases released into the air from the engine. If the vehicle is continually driven with this light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, the engine might not run as smoothly and could lead to future repairs."

I'm not too worried about it, I was watching demonwork's videos on youtube and he got the same error under a thousand miles, cleared it himself and it never came back.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back