New truck, CEL on way home from dealership

BradHDZR2

Reaction score
So I was really excited when my salesman called and said my truck came in! I picked it up today, it's gorgeous and definitely feels a lot bigger than my 2015. Driving home everything was great until I looked down and saw the CEL on. Wow...didn't make it 20 miles. I checked the My Chevrolet app and it said there was an emissions issue. I called my salesman, he suggested that I call the service department and get an appointment for Monday (which I did) and he also said if I had means to delete the code to just drive it over the weekend and see if it comes back. I have an el-cheapo code reader and plugged it in and it's reporting code P0402 EGR A Flow Excessive Detected. But it wouldn't let me delete it, it said "Erase failure, turn key on with engine off". I tried doing it in Accessory mode and still wouldn't work, so I guess I'm heading back to the dealer Monday, ugghhhh SMH.

Unplug the negative battery terminal and let it sit. Then install again and see if it clears.

Unplug the negative battery terminal and let it sit. Then install again and see if it clears.
Thanks for the tip! I really should have known this lol. I disconnected both negative battery cables for about 10 minutes and then connected them back and the light is off. I’m gonna drive it this weekend and see if it comes back on before Monday.

I ended up with a CEL after installing my Amp power steps. You un connect the negative battery terminal to prevent it, but somehow I ended up with A CEL when I reconnected everything. It was a network code. I have a Bluetooth code reader and it didn't want to clear the code. After clearing it three times and restarting, it did go away. May have dealer check it anyway.

This is the equivalent of; "did you turn it off, and back on again?" and 50% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back