New ZR2, but not because I wanted one...

Joe_Triv

Reaction score
Got hammered by a Nissan Armada a couple weeks ago and walked away without a scratch. Thankfully I was able to pull most of the goodies off my old truck before they took it to the salvage yard. Got everything sorted out, and I was on the quest for new truck. I loved black, but I won't miss trying to keep it clean. Went with Slate Gray, and so far I'm loving it. Essentially the same as my '22, with the addition of sport mode, which I love. The exhaust is just enough, and no cylinder deactivation. That along with the Ultimate 9, and she rips!

Attachments

• ZR2.jpg
    ZR2.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 123
  • ZR2-1.jpg
    ZR2-1.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 113
  • ZR2-2.jpg
    ZR2-2.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 114
Glad your ok and looks like the ZR2 handled that hit from a heavy SUV pretty well.

Was the frame bent or just too much work to repair? Seems like they total a lot of stuff nowadays. I'd be glad they did.

Mine got totaled last year by a Kia. I slowed for a tractor and she hit me going about 80 never hits the brakes. Pic doesn’t look bad but frame was bent and twist under cab so they totaled it. Went out next day to get another ZR2 and couldn’t get a salesman to give me time of day so went to ford and bought a raptor. They had 5 on the lot and I knew they would deal. Loved the ZR2 but this raptor is nice too. Just wish didn’t have to mess with wheels and stance on ZR2 they just don’t sit right from factory like the raptor does.

Attachments

• IMG_4412.jpeg
    IMG_4412.jpeg
    432.9 KB · Views: 53
Got hammered by a Nissan Armada a couple weeks ago and walked away without a scratch. Thankfully I was able to pull most of the goodies off my old truck before they took it to the salvage yard. Got everything sorted out, and I was on the quest for new truck. I loved black, but I won't miss trying to keep it clean. Went with Slate Gray, and so far I'm loving it. Essentially the same as my '22, with the addition of sport mode, which I love. The exhaust is just enough, and no cylinder deactivation. That along with the Ultimate 9, and she rips!
Glad you are okay and that’s a great color!

I’m new to this community and still learning. Are you saying the new Sport mode in 2024s opens the exhaust cut out AND deactivates DFM?

Also, what does Ultimate 9 mean? Thanks in advance and good luck with the new truck!

Glad you are okay and that’s a great color!

I’m new to this community and still learning. Are you saying the new Sport mode in 2024s opens the exhaust cut out AND deactivates DFM?

Also, what does Ultimate 9 mean? Thanks in advance and good luck with the new truck!
The sport mode does not deactivate DFM. Go to www.ultimate9.co for your answer. They are AWESOME!!!

Glad your ok and looks like the ZR2 handled that hit from a heavy SUV pretty well.

Was the frame bent or just too much work to repair? Seems like they total a lot of stuff nowadays. I'd be glad they did.
I was surprised how well the truck took the impact. I was never in an accident like that in the past, so I have nothing to compare it to, but between the side airbags and my seatbelt, I barely moved an inch. The truck was trashed though. The cab was actually offset of the bed on the opposite side. It was twisted up pretty good.

The sport mode does not deactivate DFM. Go to www.ultimate9.co for your answer. They are AWESOME!!!
The DFM is not the same in sport mode. I haven't taken my truck on the highway yet, but it never kicks down while driving around town like my last truck did. It drove me crazy in my last truck. I was in L9 all the time.

The DFM is not the same in sport mode. I haven't taken my truck on the highway yet, but it never kicks down while driving around town like my last truck did. It drove me crazy in my last truck. I was in L9 all the time.
It is impacting shift points on the tranny.

Most Member Reactions

Back