Newb post

Sawmillthug

Reaction score
Hello all. I just joined. I’m glad I found this group by chance. I have had my ZR2 since fall 2022. Funny story I bought a blue one initially and my wife decided she wanted it so I let her have it and I kept driving my trail boss. A month later the dealership I use got a white one in so o bought it. My wife has since traded back into an suv. She missed having one I guess so now she has a Tahoe. Anyway I love my truck. One thing I learned the hard way is a lot of wiring is coated with peanut oil so they will go through the conduit (idk what it’s called) easily. Great idea unless you live in the sticks. Squirrels chewed through mine once already 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpeg
    IMG_4810.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4916.jpeg
    IMG_4916.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 18
I popped the hood one day last fall because my wife could hear some kind of noise (we were outside but not driving and also I’m deaf compared to her) and a damn squirrel come flying out of there. It’s crazy because I have never had this kind of problem before but 2x now they have messed with this particular truck.

I popped the hood one day last fall because my wife could hear some kind of noise (we were outside but not driving and also I’m deaf compared to her) and a damn squirrel come flying out of there. It’s crazy because I have never had this kind of problem before but 2x now they have messed with this particular truck.
LOL...

My buddy had some roof rats get into his wife's Toyota Camry and ate a bunch of wires. Cost $3k to get them replaced.

Supposedly Toyota used vegetable oil to aid in manufacturing wire coating, so they think it's food.

Last edited:
LOL...

My buddy had some roof rays get into his wife Toyota Camry and ate a bunch of wires. Cost $3k to get them replaced.

Supposedly Toyota use vegetable oil to aid in manufacturing wire coating, so they thing it's food.
Yep. Peanut oil is the choice these days. I was told the only way to get them without the oil now is special order and it costs more. I live in the country with trees and stuff everywhere so we have all kinds of rodents running around.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back