Off-road Photos

This is my favorite thread on the forum. The problem for me is I am always in the truck not taking photos and all the cool stuff I have are videos.
Same here. The photos I posted are screenshots from videos my wife took on my phone.

Mine flexing

Attachments

• PXL_20221219_172921001~3.jpg
    PXL_20221219_172921001~3.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 113
My son and I took ours to an off-road park just west of Decatur Tx and had a blast. The truck performed flawlessly with plenty of power, cameras to see everything, felt like we were cheating, to the point that we ended up in places meant more for ATV's and modified jeeps and were the paths were very narrow. You know the noise that bushes and branches make going down the side of the vehicle? We had that happening on both sides and my son was looking straight at me thinking I was about to lose my mind. I was inside but I looked straight at him and said isn't this a blast because it gets us where most trucks can't even dream of going and everything is fixable. It's not a big deal and he lit right back up.
I'm not posting the pictures showing all the scratches down both sides of the truck, but it has since had both mirrors replaced and the entire truck repainted and seeing the smile on my 12-year-old son's face makes it completely worth it.
Last picture is the jeep we are now building to go off roading and my wife told us we can tow it with the ZR2 as long it doesn't go Off-Roading.
This ZR2 is so awesome, it's a great truck.

Attachments

• 20220909_132502.jpg
    20220909_132502.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220903_110855.jpg
    20220903_110855.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220903_104457.jpg
    20220903_104457.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220903_104511.jpg
    20220903_104511.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220903_104340.jpg
    20220903_104340.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220903_104325.jpg
    20220903_104325.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 127
My son and I took ours to an off-road park just west of Decatur Tx and had a blast. The truck performed flawlessly with plenty of power, cameras to see everything, felt like we were cheating, to the point that we ended up in places meant more for ATV's and modified jeeps and were the paths were very narrow. You know the noise that bushes and branches make going down the side of the vehicle? We had that happening on both sides and my son was looking straight at me thinking I was about to lose my mind. I was inside but I looked straight at him and said isn't this a blast because it gets us where most trucks can't even dream of going and everything is fixable. It's not a big deal and he lit right back up.
I'm not posting the pictures showing all the scratches down both sides of the truck, but it has since had both mirrors replaced and the entire truck repainted and seeing the smile on my 12-year-old son's face makes it completely worth it.
Last picture is the jeep we are now building to go off roading and my wife told us we can tow it with the ZR2 as long it doesn't go Off-Roading.
This ZR2 is so awesome, it's a great truck.
Just to be clear...you had your new ZR2 totally repainted???

Just to be clear...you had your new ZR2 totally repainted???
Everything but the very top of the cab and the tailgate. Mirrors, plastic trim on doors was replaced as well. Headlights were buffed out. The headlights looked like brand new. I would have sworn they replaced them. Insurance covered it all and yes I told them the truth on how it happened and it was covered. Almost 11,000.00 with 50.00 deductable.

Everything but the very top of the cab and the tailgate. Mirrors, plastic trim on doors was replaced as well. Headlights were buffed out. The headlights looked like brand new. I would have sworn they replaced them. Insurance covered it all and yes I told them the truth on how it happened and it was covered. Almost 11,000.00 with 50.00 deductable.
That's just crazy...you will never catch me doing what you did and I feel sorry for you as your insurance rates will be jacked up for years to come. Off roading is one thing...but destroying a $75K truck is another. I'd find somewhere else to go off roading ;)

That's just crazy...you will never catch me doing what you did and I feel sorry for you as your insurance rates will be jacked up for years to come. Off roading is one thing...but destroying a $75K truck is another. I'd find somewhere else to go off roading ;)
Insurance part I'm not worried about, and with the fun my son and I had I wouldn't change a thing, its worth every bit. Looks better repainted then it did before anyways.

I envy all you guys, and gals that live in the mountains, Im originally from Montana but Ive lived in south Texas for the past 35 years, I don't miss the snow or the cold, I had a 1983 S10 4x4 we tied two ski ropes to the bumper, sat on Mcdonalds food trays being plowed into 20’ high snow banks in Whitefish Montana when the driver went around a corner.
Texas is the 2nd biggest state in the union but theres no place to have fun.

I envy all you guys, and gals that live in the mountains, Im originally from Montana but Ive lived in south Texas for the past 35 years, I don't miss the snow or the cold, I had a 1983 S10 4x4 we tied two ski ropes to the bumper, sat on Mcdonalds food trays being plowed into 20’ high snow banks in Whitefish Montana when the driver went around a corner.
Texas is the 2nd biggest state in the union but theres no place to have fun.
We moved to Utah in the summer of 2021 after living in the Houston area since 2003. We have done more off-roading since I bought my truck in Sep. 2022 than the entire time we lived in the Houston area.

The only off-roading we did in Texas was driving on the beach near Corpus Christi (we would never do donuts in an old cow pasture that was being cleared for a master planned community...). Everything seemed to be private property.

The cold doesn't bother me and my HOA clears the snow. We plan to move to Montana eventually.

Reactions: AXE
FlyZR2 - do you live up in Suncrest? I saw a similar rig coming down into Draper a few weeks ago. Beautiful view - Bear Lake?
Historic Sandy/White City area. and Water was Flaming Gorge Reservoir

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back