Paint Issue 2023 Satin Steel Metallic

859ZR2

Reaction score
I don’t have a picture on hand for this post but on the drivers side rocker panel, the paint seems discolored and a little tiger striped. Almost like there was an issue with the sprayer. In addition, on the drivers side, there was a little defect near the rear door close to the drivers side door handle. Like something got into the paint when it was wet. My question is has anybody else noticed any finish issues like this. Is this likely a factory paint issue or is it more likely that truck was damaged in transport and the dealer tried to fix it? For what’s it’s worth, there was also bedliner overspray on the side of the bed that I found and removed during the first wash. I pointed it out to the dealer and they claim that it looks like a factory issue and advised against correcting it saying the finish will never be better than factory. I’m not sure what the right answer is. I see his point but also feel like there could be an issue.

I don’t have a picture on hand for this post but on the drivers side rocker panel, the paint seems discolored and a little tiger striped. Almost like there was an issue with the sprayer. In addition, on the drivers side, there was a little defect near the rear door close to the drivers side door handle. Like something got into the paint when it was wet. My question is has anybody else noticed any finish issues like this. Is this likely a factory paint issue or is it more likely that truck was damaged in transport and the dealer tried to fix it? For what’s it’s worth, there was also bedliner overspray on the side of the bed that I found and removed during the first wash. I pointed it out to the dealer and they claim that it looks like a factory issue and advised against correcting it saying the finish will never be better than factory. I’m not sure what the right answer is. I see his point but also feel like there could be an issue.

im not sure if i agree with dealer response but i just have the hood scoop paint issue.

I've found plenty of paint imperfections and my paint is thin on very bottom edge of doors, especially drivers side. My paint will chip or scratch if you look at it to sharply. Very soft in my opinion, plenty of chips at 2k miles.

I had paint issues all over my truck. Basically 90% of the truck needed to be recleared. The paint job is 100% better but that doesn’t mean anything because it sucked before. My biggest issue after coming back from the body shop all comes from taking the doors off and putting them back on.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back