Paint question

Tdbmd

Reaction score
So, weird question. I was parked outside and had some bird crap on the car. Usually just a quick wash and maybe some bug/tar remover but this spot remains. Now just kind of a faint rough area that is pretty faint but right up on the hood. Wondering if there is a mild compound of some type to remove the spot? Don't want to damage the paint or clear coat obviously. Thanks for any suggestions

So, weird question. I was parked outside and had some bird crap on the car. Usually just a quick wash and maybe some bug/tar remover but this spot remains. Now just kind of a faint rough area that is pretty faint but right up on the hood. Wondering if there is a mild compound of some type to remove the spot? Don't want to damage the paint or clear coat obviously. Thanks for any suggestions

Attachments

• PXL_20231003_123915630.jpg
    PXL_20231003_123915630.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 43
The paint sucks. This Meguires Polish is really good and easy to find at Walmart or auto parts store. It'll work for light stains, without removing much material.

I've used it alot on ZR2 to clean up crappy paint and polish it up.

This paint and clear coat is very thin and low quality. Be careful and us a DA polisher if you can.

Last edited:
Unless it is a larger area, I wouldn't even get the buffer out, I would just use some clean microfiber cloths to do small areas like a bird dropping. I do look at my truck every day for bird crap and remove it immediately with some detailing spray and microfibers I keep in the truck at all times, this thing is just too big to fit in my garage.

It is a small area, probably about dime sized. I will try some regular wax first as I have some in the shop. Thanks for all the information. Maybe getting the ceramic coating is making more sense to me now!

Most Member Reactions

Back