Password and Text Message ?

AXE

Reaction score
I've never been able to get my text messages to read out loud when driving. I use a Samsung S23+ phone. It always tells me I need to approve it on my phone, but it never works.

Now I ended up with this stoopid password protection after trying to make it work again.

Any advice on getting text message to read and getting rid of this password protection would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20231220_205240.jpg
    20231220_205240.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 29
If you go into the settings there is a place to remove all pin codes or something like that, it will get rid of the pin at startup, but I have no idea how to get the android phones to read messages over the infotainment, with my apple when a text comes in Siri just tells me so-and-so sent a text message, would you like me to read it? Then I just respond yes or no. Good luck Axe!

I can tell you how to fix it, But I need to look at the menu in the truck to remember the steps. I had the same problem with my 1500 back when I set my phone up as a trusted device. There is part in the settings to set up a pin to log in to profile. You need to uncheck that box. It will warn you that removing the pin allows anyone to log into your profile, blah blah. Once that's done it goes away. I believe it's part of the log in with phone deal also. Like I said when I'm in the truck and can tell you the steps. It's an easy fix. You also can add your phone as a trusted device with out the pin or pattern to log in.

My often tells me my phone isn't connected even though it is. I usually have to delete the phone and re add it. This is with an iPhone without using CarPlay, which I hate.

My often tells me my phone isn't connected even though it is. I usually have to delete the phone and re add it. This is with an iPhone without using CarPlay, which I hate.
I've had that happen but now it seems better again. Seems like there was a stretch of several weeks in September a d October where it was working really good. Now some more issues. I did just have an update at the dealer and I haven't driven much, but it does seem more stable again.

I've had that happen but now it seems better again. Seems like there was a stretch of several weeks in September a d October where it was working really good. Now some more issues. I did just have an update at the dealer and I haven't driven much, but it does seem more stable again.
The thing definitely keeps you guessing.

Most Member Reactions

Back