Peak 2.25 lift

Its consistent, only over bumps. Smooth road its fine, it drives like factory. It's hard to distinguish, but it sounds like it is coming from the driver and passenger side.

I would check the looms and mounting points on top of the shock towers. Those plastic brackets could rattle if not seated properly.

I was looking at that the plastic peices that secured it doesn't fit any more being the bolts sticking out is a little shorter. I'll figure out a way to secure it. Thanks

I was looking at that the plastic peices that secured it doesn't fit any more being the bolts sticking out is a little shorter. I'll figure out a way to secure it. Thanks
Did you ever figure out what the rattle was?

After installing my peak kit I did notice those looms and plastic pieces aren’t secure at all.

Did you ever figure out what the rattle was?

After installing my peak kit I did notice those looms and plastic pieces aren’t secure at all.
Yeah sure did, when I installed mine instead of taking the sway bar apart at the ball joint, I took it off where it bolts to the frame. When I torque the bolts back I guess the rubber grommet didn't seat correctly and it was rattling. Yeah you right I thought maybe it was the plastic peices above the shocks secured them with tie wraps, there isn't really a good way to secure them, but it hasn't been an issue.

Reactions: AXE
Yeah sure did, when I installed mine instead of taking the sway bar apart at the ball joint, I took it off where it bolts to the frame. When I torque the bolts back I guess the rubber grommet didn't seat correctly and it was rattling. Yeah you right I thought maybe it was the plastic peices above the shocks secured them with tie wraps, there isn't really a good way to secure them, but it hasn't been an issue.
Good to know.

I separated everything at the control arm when installing. I do hear an occasional rattle/knock when going threw off camber suspension cycle, like exiting the driveway at an angle.
That’s what makes me think it’s throwing those looms around that are no longer secure.

Reactions: AXE
I went with Dirt King UCAs. Took the wheels off today to add Bora spacers and did not see anything out of place.

Good to know.

I separated everything at the control arm when installing. I do hear an occasional rattle/knock when going threw off camber suspension cycle, like exiting the driveway at an angle.
That’s what makes me think it’s throwing those looms around that are no longer secure.
Not to create more confusion but I have the exact rattle/knock exiting or entering my driveway at an angle. & I don't have any suspension upgrades (yet).

Was thinking of mentioning something when I decide on a leveling kit and take it to a shop. Don't have much faith in a dealer figuring out where a noise like that comes from.

Not to create more confusion but I have the exact rattle/knock exiting or entering my driveway at an angle. & I don't have any suspension upgrades (yet).

Was thinking of mentioning something when I decide on a leveling kit and take it to a shop. Don't have much faith in a dealer figuring out where a noise like that comes from.
With all the wires and plastic mounting bits under there, it will be hard to pinpoint the problem.

Most Member Reactions

Back